Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new boat and the PO has installed rocker switches for the trim tabs. The problem is that they are installed exactly opposite: left is right and up is down in each. Its Horribly confusing.
I want to swap out to an indicator set of switches. I have never messed with installing tabs before but I would have to imagine they all install they same way. If I get an indicator switch and reverse the wiring, it should work, right? Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,073 Posts
Pics always help. But if the "panel" is marked Lt/Rt and Up/Down, But not the rocker switch itself, pull the switches, leave panel in place. Then flip them upside down and pop them in the correct location (Rt/Lf). That will put them in the correct configuration.
But if the Panel switches can't be easily removed, then I'd re-wire it swapping the lf/rt, then the up/down wires. g/l

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
They are supposed to be that way. It is very simple, think of the switch as the bow of your boat. Don’t think about the tabs. If your port bow is high and you want it to come down then hit the top left switch. This moves the right tab down, picking up the starboard right side, pushing down the left bow. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are supposed to be that way. It is very simple, think of the switch as the bow of your boat. Don’t think about the tabs. If your port bow is high and you want it to come down then hit the top left switch. This moves the right tab down, picking up the starboard right side, pushing down the left bow. Hope this helps.
I am not sure why I never knew that. Thanks

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
What Kenny said....and that's the standard way.

But.....I do know of 2 people that like them wired the other way.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the thing that made me realize something seemed different on this particular boat is that I use them more for evening out the stern than I do for the bow.
I filed up the release well and got a bit aggressive on the tab and the dang boat felt like it was gonna flip over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts