Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you guys. With trigger season upon us, do you guys target triggers or are they incidental catches? I've caught some while snapper fishing but I was wondering what set up you all use if you specifically target them. Also, is there a preferred bottom you like or just fish on some structure and see what happens?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Well the last couple months i have been trying to avoid them but have found them everywhere. Clouds of fish above the bottom normally mean schools of trigger. When you first get to a spot drive around and see what it looks like on your bottom machine fish wise. Then target certain marks for certain fish. This is in no way a sure tactic but has helped me target and get away from certain fish a little better.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are good points. I noticed the last couple of trips that the bait was getting stolen on the drop. Maybe I need more weight to get the bait down faster.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
When they're thick it's hard to defeat them. They're like armor plated piranhas on steroids.

Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use a chicken rig with #3 squid heads and cut a cig in half hook a strip piece of squid along with it . Considering you can only keep one per person I don’t target them they kinda find the baits while fishing for Mingos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts