Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
We just use a Spheros for bait and triggers.

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
Fish with something lite. Triggers sometimes bite very lightly. If your fishing with to heavy of rod/reel you won't even feel it. Sometimes insted of biting with the typical pulling motion you will just feel your weight get light. They're biting up instead of down. Stay light.

I like a spinner with 50lb braid and 200gram Uglystik tiger lite jigging rod. You can feel em looking at it!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My rods are lite i just need sujestions for 2 little conventional reels trust me i know how those tricky jokers role haha!!

·
Super Moderator
5,954 Posts
Look around for some either used or new 4/0 Penns on light action stand up rods. No need in deep research for these. Straight forward stuff. Load em' with 30# or 40#. Probably your most cost effective bet. Not fancy, but, they thouroughly get the job done...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Heard good things about the trq series from Penn that jlw1972 mentioned. I'm gonna put my plug in for Avet. I have a couple of MXLs spooled with 30lb mono and I don't have any complaints yet. Got one on a graphite blank, and it's almost weightless.

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
OR.....If your wanting something other end of the spectrum, Buy you a couple Shimano TLD15's. Hard to beat the TLD series and you can get em for around $100 new.

And they will last for ever bottomfishing.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Shakespeare Tidewaters , I got 2 i'll sell you, I've had good use out of them , but don't use them any more, switch to spinners for bait rods now

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have 2 SX avets on light daiwa saltiga jigging rods that I use for triggers,mingos, and catching bait. 400 yards of 50lb braid. They are also fun little blackfin reels

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hell, I'll give you my trigger set up because apparently someone placed a curse on it. It only catches 13"-13 3/4" trigger fish. Can't seem to ever find the legal ones.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts