Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks for all the help and advice over the past couple years, you will be missed by this Air Force guy! Take Care, -Jonathan

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Hey everyone just wanted to give an update. ..

I checked onboard the USS BOXER I got a Good crew working for me they are young but hard workers and willing to learn. I have not brought my kayak out here yet been busy with school and adjusting to the ship and living the city life. Once I figure out a way to store my kayak without spending a fortune ill bring it out here.

Im stationed here for at least 5 years
I miss florida and my forum friends a lot cant wait to be back in the future.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I really love that you are getting settled . Your old buddies will be here when you get back enjoy Cali while your there but know this is home. come back in5 years and pick up where you left off. No homo. :blink::thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
your not missing too much this time of year here in SoCal. rock fish closes for January and February. February we might start seeing some white sea bass, march on we will see more and more getting closer to spring/summer.
right now it's lobster (until march), night time barred sand bass and halibuts.
get your yak out here, theres still fish to be caught.
surf fishing can be fun! you can catch perch year round. good eat'n little bugger's too, need some surf fishing tips let me know or try http://www.scsurffishing.com/forums/

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Thanks roadx a friend of mine is getfing a house with a 2 car garage and said ucan store my yak there. He doesnt move till mid Jan though.

Grey Ghost ,
I wish it was that easy but my orders on this ship are for 5 years .

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wish you could have been stationed here Virginia. I'm fishing with a retired navy guy at least once a week and we have been killing the rockfish. I found some stretch 6's and the love them. Maybe next fall/winter you can make a trip over here. I'm sure we can find an extra yak.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts