Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy Oscar is transferring today to California. He has been a huge contributor to this site. He has bought and sold more kayaks than anyone I've known and probably fished with and met or helped in some way almost everyone on this forum. Oscar been great to fish with and share stories. He is more than willing to help anybody and never expects anything in return. I wish we could of fished more lately but it just didn't work out. Good luck buddy and we hope to see you back in Florida one day but make sure you hone your fishing skills so I'm not always catching more fish than you , lol. :thumbup: When you're ready to come back for a visit, I'll have an extra room for ya. Oh and I don't think you can fit a rod and reel in your sea bag on the USS Boxer. Safe travels!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Best of luck to you and youre wife Oscar. Nice meeting you both, and really appreciate you freezing your fingers off on the night of my yak purchase, lol! Ive enjoyed fishing with you as well and theyre will certainly be a spot back here for you when you return, have fun in SD, and catch some big ass fish! Dont forget to post up!

·
Super Moderator
27,947 Posts
Yepper, Oscar leaves out today fer that long drive!!! He'll still will check out here but it'll be a while till he comes home!!! Good luck to you and momma Oscar!!! Be safe!!!

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Never met Ox but I feel like I know you from the posts. Best of luck on transfer and God bless.
Likewise. He has given me some great advice of here, and is always supportive of everyone. Great guy! Be safe on your travels, and be sure to keep reporting once you get settled in. O*D*W

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Agreed. Oscar is probably the nicest guy i have ever met and was always ready to help you out. He was there to get me started on kayak fishing and took me out a bunch of times before i finally bought my own. He even helped me sell it (hopefully get another soon).

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Good luck in CA Oscar. I hope you still visit PFF with some reports of White Seabass, Yellowtails and big 'buts. Halibut that is

·
2019 Hobie outback
2,675 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Iphone 4s)

Yes oscar and kelly are the 2 nicest people i have ever met and i wish the best for them and thanks Oscar for serving our country and get on the fish over and give us some reports!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Nothing but great things to say about Oscar! Didn't know him that long but he seems like a great contributor to this forum and an even cooler dude in person! Good luck in SD brother. You got a great career ahead of you. Keep chugging along and possibly start a review website for profit... You could def make some money on that especially if it involves yaks! Lol.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Never met the man myself, But from what others have told me and from what Ive read, wish more people in todays world were as good hearted/natured as Ox. Travel safe!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Oscar, I have never met ya in person but you seem like a really nice guy! Thanks for all you have done for me and I hope you and your family have a safe trip to SD. Thanks alot for serving our country! Your family will be in my prayers!

·
Reel Insurance
3,785 Posts
If it were not for Oscar I would never have met Chuck Liddell. And i cannot think of a better guy to be stranded on a boat with either. Kelly is probably the sweetest and big hearted person I have ever met. You guys will be truely missed. Good luck in your adventure. We will see you back in 5 years! And you better bring that new 36' Yellowfin back with you! ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oscar thank you for being such a big help to me when I was full of questions about purchasing my first kayak. Although I've never met you I feel like I have a new friend! Best of luck in CA and thank you for your service. God Bess!!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Man I only wish I could turn back time and start fishing with Oscar sooner. Like has been said and like I told my wife, Oscar is just one of those special people that truly is a friend to all, a person like that doesnt come along every day.

Good luck guys and Im looking forward to seeing your reports from fishing the big P.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Happy Sails Oscar.

Last year, Oscar invited me to go kayak fishing with him in Milton. I really enjoyed the fishing but the miles we peddled/paddled not so much!! :whistling:

Good Luck on your assignment. Wish the family the best.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts