Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a right handed thrower. Should I load the lead line on my left shoulder or my right? Looking for distance.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Lead line goes over the same shoulder your rope is tied to.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,316 Posts
I throw right handed, that style. I had a Filipino dude show me how to throw when I was in my early 20's. That dude could throw a net better then anyone I have ever seen, he was amazing with a net. He taught me everything I know about nets.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,868 Posts
Lead line goes over the same shoulder your rope is tied to.
Maybe that's why I don't get a full spread, net is 14' tho? I tie rope to my left wrist, hold net in left hand, bite lead line between the leads, flip lead line over right arm, shake it down a little to hold in my right hand. Twist left and spin back to my right and throw.
Guess I'm too old for new tricks?

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,826 Posts
Triple load method

How to analyze your non-pancake throw

And one thing about your form after release, the hand the rope is tied to should still be at shoulder level, the other at waist level.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
First time I put a lead line in my mouth that had some hot jelly on it was the end of that crap. Over the shoulder for me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've put lead lines in my mouth and gotten jelly fish remnants on face and chest. The last time I put a lead line in my mouth, I loosened a couple teeth.

Pretty costly to fix.

Won't do that again.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

·
Super Moderator
28,269 Posts
I've put lead lines in my mouth and gotten jelly fish remnants on face and chest. The last time I put a lead line in my mouth, I loosened a couple teeth.

Pretty costly to fix.

Won't do that again.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

As a kid throwing a net off Pickins all the time, we always loaded up with the lead line in your mouth... Most days I looked like a freak due to all the jellyfish stings on my chest and face!!!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts