Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I grew up in that neighborhood with him. My parents live around the corner on Third. He live beside his Dad who lives at the corner of Fourth. Where is this land? I don't think he hunts so what is he doing on the property? He has always been nice to me. The picture does not look like him. You have anything showing his face?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Sounds like something between you, him, and the cops. Putting a man's address, phone number, and especially a picture of his daughter on the internet, and then encouraging strangers you don't know to harass him, is a chickenshit move. If you have a beef with him, call him yourself. We are grown ass men here, smart enough not to make crank calls for someone who can't handle his own business.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Yes I did and he got very upset that I didn’t want him trespassing on the land. Probably a left wing bastard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should have the FWC stop by and remind him.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds like something between you, him, and the cops. Putting a man's address, phone number, and especially a picture of his daughter on the internet, and then encouraging strangers you don't know to harass him, is a chickenshit move. If you have a beef with him, call him yourself. We are grown ass men here, smart enough not to make crank calls for someone who handle his own business.
I agree

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Is the property your property or someone else's property?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
What do y'all think about posting pictures of people crowding or fishing "your spot" on the gulf, a public domain? Seems like there's a lot more of those pictures out there and they aren't even on property privately owned yet there's never a word said about it other than "post up the name". Just curious because if I ever catch anyone on any of our property you can be sure I'll make you famous.

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
Its all Gods property and we just trade whos in charge of it, however if its my turn to be in charge of it I dont want trespassers on it and the problem needs to get solved. Doubt posting here will solve anything

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I can hear the phone call.. "Hey! You shouldn't be trespassing on that property that guy has rights to be on, but you don't! No, I don't know the guy, he's some stranger on the internet. I just thought I would take time out of my day to remind you that trespassing is WRONG and you shouldn't do it. Especially to people I don't know and will never meet in person, and although your actions did not effect me in any way, I felt compelled to call you to tell you not to trespass!"

·
Registered
291 Posts
It's one thing to post him up, but I dont like the teenage daughter being posted up. I may be a little biased because i have 3 daughters. I caught 2 kids the other day on my cell camera playing in the creek on my property. An 11 and 14 yr old. I was super pissed because a big buck I'd had there for 2 months had suddenly went on vacation the week before. I cooled down and thought hell that's what kids should be doing just not during deer season. Totally different here cause it's a grown man.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's one thing to post him up, but I dont like the teenage daughter being posted up. I may be a little biased because i have 3 daughters. I caught 2 kids the other day on my cell camera playing in the creek on my property. An 11 and 14 yr old. I was super pissed because a big buck I'd had there for 2 months had suddenly went on vacation the week before. I cooled down and thought hell that's what kids should be doing just not during deer season. Totally different here cause it's a grown man.
One of those kids drown in that creek and you’ll be more than pissed when their family attorney calls you.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Reason I asked if it was your property is because I had a sheriff called on me for trespassing. Yeah, I ignored the posted signs. No, I didn't ask for permission to hunt there.

Deputy showed up, did a double take at me and asked where I had been trespassing. The two guys that called told him I was on posted land right where I was. Deputy asked me if I told them anything.. I said no, I was waiting on Barney Fife to tell them. ( deputy was my 3rd or 4th cousin...the sheriff was my 2nd cousin.)

Land had belonged to my grandfather and after he died, my dad was in charge of the land and farmhouse we still used for extended family gatherings, growing cane and corn and for hunting.
Some relative who lived in the area but had no real connection to the property ( grampa's nephew) told these guys they could hunt the land, but not to let anyone else hunt it. Guys were mad as hell because they had put in several food plots and a bunch of stands on the property. I was nice about it and gave them 48 hours to get the stands off, thanked them for the plots and had the deputy give THEM a trespass warning.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
10,152 Posts
One of those kids drown in that creek and you’ll be more than pissed when their family attorney calls you.

No kidding, better put a pool noodle around the edge of all the no trespassing signs because for some reason they scratch their arm on the sign while trespassing they will sue ya.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Had a grouchy neighbor who didn’t know me threaten to have me an the wife arrested for trespassing once on what was once my grandparents homestead. I was showing the wife the property we had bought from my first cousin a couple of months before. The neighbor saw us and commenced to tell us we were trespassing. He was telling me he was going to call the owner when I started laughing and told him he was talking to the owner. He wanted to argue about it telling me he knew the owner and it wasn’t me
The person he thought owned the property actually was a distant cousin who owned the adjoining property next to ours
It took a while but I eventually convinced him that I owned the land including his driveway

1 - 20 of 22 Posts