Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best light , quick, quiet, climber... I have a tree lounge now once you get in it you don't want to be in anything else. But it takes so Long to put up noisy and heavy. I would go with a strap on stand but have had two stands stole over night so I don't leave nothing anymore on bw..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Cougar claw. Best climber you'll ever use.

Summits are great but they aren't up to par with a cougar claw.

·
Registered
14,907 Posts

I had a cougar claw about fifteen years ago. Sold it in a yard sale the next spring after buying it. It slipped on the tree several times and almost gave me a heart attack. I'm sure they are much better now. First one i had was a Baker. Then a warren and sweat. I replaced it with an API grandstand. Replaced that one with a summit viper. Best one of them all was the warren and sweat. Don't think they make it anymore. Really like the API and still use it. The summit is nice also

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tell you i can sit in the lounge all day in comfort, i take a lunch box and have modified it a bit to hold things along the side, have straps to attach bags to the tree or tree beside me. I do carry alot to the woods with me and tend to sit all day in one spot. Im looking for something for those hunts where i will only go for 3 hours or so... the lounge is to much work for that short amount of time....

·
Registered
3,398 Posts

I agree, cougar claw is the way to go!

I had a cougar claw about fifteen years ago. Sold it in a yard sale the next spring after buying it. It slipped on the tree several times and almost gave me a heart attack. I'm sure they are much better now.
From what I have heard the old cougar claws had some problems, but the new ones are second to none. Plus they have great customer service and are located and built in Foley!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've not had any experience with the cougar claws, but i do love my Summit Viper Elite SD. It's only 16 pounds, very quick and quiet also.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Does anyone sell the couger claw in the Pace, Pensacola area. Never heard of them would like to see one or a pic of one. Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
i like my summit open shot the best out of all my stands.if you dont mine hand climing and you dont have a big butt u might give it a look

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
I agree, cougar claw is the way to go!

From what I have heard the old cougar claws had some problems, but the new ones are second to none. Plus they have great customer service and are located and built in Foley!
I bought it at walmart at least fifteen years ago... it had a design flaw of some sort that made it slip 3 to 6 inches at least once every time you climbed. a 3" drop at 20' feels like about 2'!!
Next time i'm in the market for one, I will give them another look based on the recommendations here and the fact that this country is gonna go down the toilet if we dont start supporting local businesses!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts