Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I use one, but I made it myself. The TETHRD setup looks really nice, and I know The Hunting Public guys on YouTube use them. AeroHunter looks good too though I'm not sure if one is better than the other.

I really like the low profile minimalist aspect of it. I hate lugging a huge tree stand on my back every time, and you can get in just about any tree with sticks and a saddle. Sometimes the tree is slightly too big, or slightly too small for my climber and it got annoying, now I can just shoot up any old tree. I haven't bow hunted out of it yet since I started using it during gun last year. I'm nuts and go super low profile with one stick and backpack, but I will probably do a small platform this year. If you like to go really high you'd need so many sticks you should probably just stay in a climber, but you can add "aid" straps to the bottom of your sticks to get a few extra feet separation between them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the Aerohunter, my brother has the Tehtrd. I love mine he loves his. We hunted last year both siting all day for 2 weeks elk hunting in Colorado and they are very comfortable. Our kids use them also, they are that safe and simple. I am sure we could get ours together and let you see what you like. We could show you the ropes.......

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
Between my brother and I you can try the phantom, Aero Hunter, JX3 and the Mantis. Don’t expect any love for saddle hunting on this forum, but that’s ok.. buy one and you will be sold. I think you live around the corner from me in GB so let me know when you wanna try one. I know Greg and Ernie of Tethrd and they are stand up guys. Greg is originally from Pensacola. Climbing set ups are all over the map as well. It’s a learning curve but well worth it. I’m working now on putting together a Teach-N-Train for October. You’ll get a 10% off code for Tethrd if you come to that .

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yea you let me try yours out in the Hutton unit at the check station I’m hoping to be in one this year myself. Still wondering if I will use sticks or the wild edge steps with aiders or maybe try and find a lone wolf hand climber to use to climb and as the platform..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
Yea you let me try yours out in the Hutton unit at the check station I’m hoping to be in one this year myself. Still wondering if I will use sticks or the wild edge steps with aiders or maybe try and find a lone wolf hand climber to use to climb and as the platform..

Emerald Ghost had a good deal on a Lone Wolf hand climber not too long ago. You may see if he still has it.
I have stepps I’m selling if you are interested in them. They aren’t the Wild Edge brand, but they also aren’t as expensive either.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well if you still have them when I pull the trigger on it I will for sure hit you up was just in the hospital and I’m waiting to make sure everything is good before I dump the money into the new system. Thx for the info and thanks for opening my eyes to the saddle I was the guy in the Kuiu stuff...have a great day

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
Well if you still have them when I pull the trigger on it I will for sure hit you up was just in the hospital and I’m waiting to make sure everything is good before I dump the money into the new system. Thx for the info and thanks for opening my eyes to the saddle I was the guy in the Kuiu stuff...have a great day

For sure. Looks like we are going to do a saddle hunting demo day on the first weekend of October. You should plan to come. I’ll post more info when the date and time is confirmed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Aerohunter, my brother has the Tehtrd. I love mine he loves his. We hunted last year both siting all day for 2 weeks elk hunting in Colorado and they are very comfortable. Our kids use them also, they are that safe and simple. I am sure we could get ours together and let you see what you like. We could show you the ropes.......
I have Aerohunter for a long time and never looked for any other. My brother got recently Tehtrd and it is really nice but I feel more comfortable with my Aerohunter. We'll just finish installing the brake pads and ridge grappler on his truck and he'll go for a week-long trail riding and practice hunting. He's borrowing mine and will compare.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I’m sure those comfortable but if I had to walk in with all that plus what I already take, mercy. By the time I got situated in the tree I would be flustered, sweating and cursing. Not to mention all the crap I would be dropping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts