Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used muddy the stalker climbing tree stand? It’ll be my first climber and don’t really want to break the bank. The price seems good but I want to know if y’all know anything about it. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,898 Posts
My advice is to skimp on something other than your climber. You will spend long days in it, so you better get the most comfortable one there is. Most people getting into hunting buy cheap...then have to buy again. Might as well buy right the first time. That said, this one may be comfy, I don't personally know. Just a little free advice from a guy who has bought a lot of hunting gear.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw on Cabela’s they have a summit viper SC tree stand? A little more price then the muddy waters but in my range. Have any of you used that one?

·
Super Moderator
12,807 Posts
I saw on Cabela’s they have a summit viper SC tree stand? A little more price then the muddy waters but in my range. Have any of you used that one?

Probably the best climber on the market... buy it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I agree with not skimping on the climber. 1st of all you want to be safe and 2nd you want comfort. When I started hunting I bought a cheap stand from academy sports I used it the entire season and sold it as soon as I could and bought a summit. I never felt safe in that stand like I do in my viper. Amazon has good deals on them from time to time and someone on here or on Facebook is always selling one after season is over. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,807 Posts
Agreed... I climbed with an ole man climber for years... never felt truly safe... climbing higher than 20ft was nerve racking.

Bought a summit last year and it's honestly the best thing I've done as far as hunting. Climbing as high as I need to, sometimes 40'+ is a non issue...

A great climber and great harness are the best things you can have, especially on public land.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
And stay away from buying a summit viper classic ( steel one ) unless you like carrying a Volkswagen on your back. Aluminum is the way to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
previously circlehook69
55 Posts
Have owned cougar claw and old man climbers and loved both brands....bought a Treewalker last year and do not regret it!! I'm a big guy at 5'10" 260lb and it is comfortable and light (17lbs)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can get a used Summit for 100-150 all day long if you look for them. Just don't buy the steel one, as mentioned.

Ok I’ll keep looking. Should I be looking on Craigslist or is there used hunting gear site online y’all recommend.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
I will sell you my steel ameristep for $100. Great stand. Just a little on the heavy side. Ive had it many years. It has climb about every size tree out there.

sent from outside your bedroom window

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will sell you my steel ameristep for $100. Great stand. Just a little on the heavy side. Ive had it many years. It has climb about every size tree out there.

Is it in good shape? What model is it? I would be interested in it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate it. If I can get a safe stand to learn the ropes on before I commit to a big purchase that would be great.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
I appreciate it. If I can get a safe stand to learn the ropes on before I commit to a big purchase that would be great.

It's safe. I been the only owner. I'm getting to old for steel stands

1 - 20 of 38 Posts