Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to buy a new tree climber, I'm kind of leaning towards ol mans new drone but I'm sketchy about the net seat and no backrest. I've never sat in one are they comfortable and what's y'all favorite climber?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have two summits and they are the best climbers I have ever used. Very comfortable and easy to set up in the dark

·
Super Moderator
28,828 Posts
You could look up in the history and this is an age old question.....My preferance is Summit. I have 2 vipers and a Titan. Love em!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
When API was American made it was all i used. Guys just give TREEWALKER a look. They are very fine stands. Summit is not 100% American made, my life is worth more than the money I would save on crap from China !

·
Registered
458 Posts
Summit or api I have taken naps in both. A back rest helps keep from making noise on the bark of pinetrees. Api has a kit that holds your safety strap as you climd so you dont have to keep moving it up the tree as you climb. Both pack up fast and are not bad on long trips in and out of the woods.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Old Man and Gorilla are the same. I've used them and don't feel nearly as secure as I do in my Summit. They simply can't be beat for quality and price. The tree Walkers look nice, but are pricey.

·
Duerwood Willis
1,748 Posts
If you like the ol'man climbers but are leery about the netting ,buy the Cougar Claw replacement seat and remove the netting. It works great.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Summit gets my vote just because of their customer service, I bought a used climber with a tore seat called to get a price and they sent me a new seat no questions asked. All I asked was what seat I needed for my stand and all they did was take my address and ship it that day. Oh and its really really comfortable like sitting in a recliner comfortable.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts