Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hardheads....and lots of them. Throw in some hard tails, ladyfish, and a small shark....oh yes and our friend got himself one 14" Pomp. My brother decided to keep the hard tails (blue runners) for a taste experiment. He later text me: they were good...Tasted like a very mild spanish/bluefish. I might give it a try next time.

·
FORMER Shore & Pier Guide
685 Posts
IMHO blue runners ("hardtails") are excellent when filleted and pan-fried in a little olive oil and salt & pepper or Greek Seasonings.
Very mild, firm white meat when cooked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love blues. Here's a easy recipe that takes that fishy taste out. Two sweet onions sliced thick. Two cloves of crushed garlic, salt, pepper and two cans of diced tomatoes. Mix all together and cook on a medium heat for about 15 minutes. Add your blue fillets in and cover them well with the mix. Cook another 10 to 15 minutes. Excellent.

·
Registered
222 Posts
After being told on the pier they were good, I actually filleted, trimmed the bloodline out, mealed, and fried them with some Spanish fillets and they were pretty good. I can definitely see where they could rescue an otherwise fishless evening dining on something else when ones tastebuds were set on fish. "Keep a line in the water" Fishin'Don

·
Registered
140 Posts
After being told on the pier they were good, I actually filleted, trimmed the bloodline out, mealed, and fried them with some Spanish fillets and they were pretty good. I can definitely see where they could rescue an otherwise fishless evening dining on something else when ones tastebuds were set on fish. "Keep a line in the water" Fishin'Don

I also try them. They really are not that bad. I also made a fish soup and it was really good lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts