Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that is the answer I was hoping for. :bowdown:letsdrink

The dumb part was not asking that question before I had already installed it through the hull of my boat.:doh

I had gotten a good deal on a Airmar B60-20 that was compatible (connection wise) with my Lowranceunit. I knew the unit had a 3000W output but it wasn't until after I installed it and was reading my manual to see if I needed to change any settings that I realized that the root mean square output was only 375W. :doh

X-Shark I also need to thank you for the advice you gave awhile back on placing the masking tape around the installation area to make cleanup easier. :clap Otherwise it would have been a real mess. I think I got more sealant on me and my tools than on the transducer opening.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Great. :) Opening a tube of 4200 or 5200 is about the same as opening a can of Antiseze.

Open it up and it jumps on you. HeHe

The Airmar B-60 is a fine unit. It's the only unit I know of that has a changeable cable depending on what FF you have.

IE: No need to R&R the X-ducer itself. Just change the cable.

I have recently found out that Airmars B-164 [which is fairly new] does not have that feature.

The B-164 is a 1000watt tilted element X-ducer. I was disappointed to hear this, as that feature is a step in the right direction for the consumer and the installer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts