Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know you get what you pay for but I'm just wanting to try and understand my FF better. Went out with "Adam" from "One Shot Charter" last spring and when we pulled up on some fish they looked really good on his bottom machine:)) I'm guessing 1000 watts of power from what little I can find on machines like his. I have two machines an Elite 5 HDI 250watts max power output, and a Mark 4 which I think has same output. I can tell you that the Elite 5 gives a wayy better image but the resolution is better on the screen than on the Mark 4. I'm just trying to figure out is it mainly power that makes the difference, quality of the screen, size or all this? I have never seen an image on either one of my machines like the one on his boat that day. I have marked fish and some pretty sure were snapper like ones we were catching that day but on his machine the image just jumped out at you! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Adams transducers alone cost about as much as my PA so of course it's going to be "better". And to your original question, the awnser is yes to all of the above. Power, screen resolution, frequency and more are at play here. But for what we are doing in a kayak you don't need that. We aren't trying to locate a few yellow fin 300 feet down under a massive school of bait. Don't over think it and go with the best you unit you can afford that you like and it will serve you fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts