Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the best type of epoxy to use for mountin a transducer inside the hull of a yak? Anyone have any tips for doing this?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Use duct seal. You can get it from Home Depot in the electrical section. it sticks to anything and is reusable. It's made by Gardner Bender.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like Marine Goop. Buy a cheap pair of flip-flops and cut out a template for your transducer. Goop the template to the hull then fill it with goop. Set the transducer and let cure over night. It's strong and secure but if you ever need to remove it the goop will peel off.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i also used marine goop. letting it sit in hot water for a while before applying will help get rid of all the tiny bubbles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the advice. I really like the duct seal well idea. I like the fact that it can be adjusted anywhere, at a moments notice. I tried epoxy last time; it lasted for 2 trips to the gulf. I think the flexing of the hull caused the epoxy to break loose. It looks like that can't happen with the duct seal well, and I will not have to wait overnight to hit the water.

I'll post an update later to let you all know how it goes.

Again, thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts