Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, I have a trailer I'm wanting to do some renevations on especially the leaf springs. Just wanted to see if any of you gurues out there had any advice. Maybe I'm just an idiot, never done it before but it just looks like bolts that hold it the the frame and to the axle. Throw me some words if ya'll have any info to help. Thanx

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Before you actually take anything apart check all of your nuts and bolts to see if they will comoe loose. Air tools and a cutting torch are good to have.

·
Registered
147 Posts
3/4 sockets with a cheat bar helped me...if ya can't break em, then what sos said. Robs trailer hitch hooked me up pretty good with parts if your around pcola.

Mark

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Oxyacetylene and a 4" grinder are the only tools to use for quick disassembly.

·
Praedator
10,004 Posts
overNunder (11/28/2007)That bad huh? Should I be partaking in the consumption of the cold ones too.
That is highly recomended. I boke my finger two weekends ago putting new leaf springs on my trailer. Me and a bolt had a fight and itwon a battle, but I won the war and got it off. That (alcohol) is the only thing that saved me from passing out because of the pain. I continued this alcohol consuption and went on the forum camp out at McRee and continued it there as well till I went to the doctor on Monday for him to tell me, "Yep it's broke. Here's some tape and a splint.":banghead:banghead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts