Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB Spare for boat trailer, but do not see the size on the tire. :banghead. Any suggestions as to how to determine the size without a lot of hassle? It's not the really small (old style trailer tire) but I know there are at least two sizes of the larger ones. This is for a 16 ft trailer, so I'm guessing it is the 13" size. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
fishn4real (11/22/2007)WTB Spare for boat trailer, but do not see the size on the tire. :banghead. Any suggestions as to how to determine the size without a lot of hassle? It's not the really small (old style trailer tire) but I know there are at least two sizes of the larger ones. This is for a 16 ft trailer, so I'm guessing it is the 13" size. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
It's called a tape measure. Measure the diameter of the wheel, and buy a tire for the load it will be bearing. Or take one off and bring with you to the tire store along with the wheel you are going to mount it on. Now I'm assuming you want a TIRE and not a spare WHEEL and TIRE..If you want a spare wheel and tire, measure the diameter of the wheel (from bead to bead) (not the tire), how many lugs (4 or 5) and distance from one lug to the center X 2 For example a 14" wheel with 4 lugs on a 4 1/2' center.

http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=162

Notice the different wheel diameter sizes, different number of lug holes, and different bolt patterns/size. I have a spare wheel and tire (tire was blown), that I picked up especially for anyone who wants it. It won't fit on any of the 4 trailers I have. I'll measure and take a picture in a little while. If it is what you or anyone else needs we'll see how to get it down there.

One note look around the tire about a 1/2" from the wheel and see if you can see the tire size there..It will be small print in the tire. What I have is a 13" 5 lug on (2 1/4"x2) or 4 1/2" center. Wheel measurement is between the 2 red arrows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts