Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my project for this winter is to replace the springs on my tandem, Magic Trail trailer. I would appreciate any recommendations as to the best place to purchase the supplies and, if anyone has done this job recently, an idea on how much I might expect to be paying for said supplies. Thanks in advance.

·
Praedator
10,055 Posts
I buy all my trailer parts from Eddie English in Milton. But he's a lot closer to me than some of the others in Pensacola. I recently replaced my springs on my trailer. I put 2500lb springs on each and they were around $22-$24 a piece I think plus the hardware which was an extra 8 bucks I think.

Just make sure you have air tools and the possible cutting wheel if needed. Oh and lots of beer. I broke my damn finger when I changed my springs out. For some reasonwhen the hammer makes a thud sound instead of that metal to metal sound, usually your finger is in the way. But I didn't have air tools either until my neighbor comes over after I done broke my finger and asks if I want to borrow his air tools:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
boat trailer inc on hwy 90 in milton i buy all of my trailer parts from them they have a huge selection in stock Phone# is 623-4353 or 626-9070

·
Registered
512 Posts
I can't think of the name of the place,but there is a boat trailer and supply place just out of milton on Hwy 90 that has everything you would need and they are very reasonable.If you come down avalon to 90 and take a left they are just up the road on the right.When i remember the name i will post it and the number,if someone doesn't chime in with it soon.The above mentioned place is the one i was talking about.

·
Registered
869 Posts
All three of those guys are talking about the same place. Eddie English Boat Trailer Co. Hwy 90 Milton (In between Milton and Pace).

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you are in Mobile nothing beats Stauter Boat Works off 3 Knotch Rd.

Be glad to give out the # if needed. Anything and everything youve ever needed for your trailer and quality stuff.

I just replaced Hubs, Springs, and Ubolts on my trailer

·
Praedator
10,055 Posts
floater (1/10/2008)boat trailer inc on hwy 90 in milton i buy all of my trailer parts from them they have a huge selection in stock Phone# is 623-4353 or 626-9070
This is the same place as Eddie English that I was talking about.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like Eddie English gets the nod from most everybody, so I'll take the trip over the bay and see him. I have the tools, and a cutting wheel is going to be needed for this job as all the bolts are rusted and flaking. The margaritas will have to wait until done, I don't want to cut my hand off in the process.

·
Registered
812 Posts
you can also order your parts from championtrailers.com. just order new galv hubs and such. best prices i have found on most parts. have em sent to your front door. you just need to know what you need, they have pics of almost everything. and they are located in LA so shipping is fast.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
While mail ordering may look cheaper. The shipping will KILL you. Springs are fairly heavy.

I use Humphrey's Hitch & Trailer Parts on Frank Reeder Rd. 941-4010

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Dang BuckWild that trailer of yours does not fit that boat. No full length frame rails and the cantilevered bunks don't go all the way to the transom.

That "Can" set up a hook in the hull.

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
We usually buy all of our trailer parts from Robs hitch center in Pensacola. The prices are the best we found yet.

·
Registered
812 Posts
X-Shark (1/11/2008)Dang BuckWild that trailer of yours does not fit that boat. No full length frame rails and the cantilevered bunks don't go all the way to the transom.

That "Can" set up a hook in the hull.
The hull is stepped in from the back- the bunks would add no support if they were longer- as they wouldnt touch the hull any farther back. Don't know about the frame rails- although this is the matcing trailer from pathfinder.

As for shipping costs, i didnt have but $23 for about 50lbs shipped.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
BuckWild - I like the way your boat sits on the that trailer. Must be easy to load and off-load, especially at a short ramp.

X-Shark - Don't know what problem you had at Eddie English Trailers, but he has always been very helpful and courteous to me.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Eddies only problem is he is always busy, some times to the point where I've actually seen him talking on three phone at one time. Personally I would rather do business with someone who, is busy rather than walk into a place where everyone is sitting on ther butts BSing. However, Eddie is not very tolerant when it comes to someone trying to tell him how to do his job orbeing a smart ass. I've seen people come off the interstate after having a flat tire and having to either leave the trailer behind or hitch a ride leaving the tow vehicle behind as well andhe would give them atire and wheel, tell them to fix the trailer and come back and not take any money from the person. You can't go wrong doing business with him and it's not likely you'll beat his prices.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did call Eddie. He was very helpful on the phone and his prices seemed fair. I completely forgot about Rob's, and he is much closer to me than Eddie. The folks at Rob's did not seem as friendly, but I was able to get what I needed at a decent price without burning a quarter tank of gas to get there. Thanks for all the advise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts