Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
do you know the brand name? is this aluminum? is 002 the manufacture date? what is VIP.is hydro an inspection? I'm new & don't comprehend you're terminology

it's been 8 years since my last diving.I gave my catalina 80s away but mite be interested if you sell for $.

how much $ are regular oxygen refills nowadays?

·
eating tasty
3,730 Posts
Hydrostatic testing must be done every 5 years. VIP is an acronym for visual inspection which must be done annually. Without seeing all the numbers on the tank it’s hard to answer the rest of the questions, but I can see that it was at one time hydroed in June 2003. It’s been forever since I’ve had an air fill but I guess they are probably 7 or 8 bucks. Someone can chime in and clarify.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I gave $50. for each tank every 5 years same for reg. don't remember ever giving extra $ for a visuale
inspection. also gave $5. to refill each tank no matter size of tank place next to Liza Jackson also Place 1mile east of destin brigde & right at the bridge.

I wouldn't mine a 60 onboard I'm thinking a full 80 weights 35LBs and a 60 probelly 10LBs lighter.

was actuelly liking the idea of free diving w/ a large spare air and ditch the BC/ reg./tank
altogether.
how long can I use the large spare air at 40' (40' is my limit before the teeth start hurting this/and flying is why I gave scuba up).dam just searched this only a couple minutes isn't for me. better think large pony bottle.

my objective for diving is hunting (not to swim around taking images of marine life not that there's anything wrong w/ that)
I'm down there on business after that devil that's been stealing my bait so I'm not there for long extended dives.

I assume the spare air is treated just like a reg. and tank before it's filled it must be upto date.

I definitely don't want 80s I'm in between spare air or a large pony bottle strapped to me back maybe a 60.
thanks for explaining the slang. STB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts