Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Clint aka noworyz
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started shopping yesterday, We own an old Massey type 30 and it works hard but is hard to work.. loader and grapple implements are required and just got a quote from Coastal for a Kubota 3901 4wd HST... also getting a Kioti quote for comparable tractor... really think its Kubota's sale to lose but hear great things about Kioti.. Anybody here have one? are aftermarket implements better/worse? already have nearly everything but grapple & loader stuff... any dealer better than coastal?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I went thru this last fall and got multiple quotes from all over the southeast. Ended up with an L2501 HST (didn’t want DEF BS) from coastal and have been very happy with it. Kioti got the boot because I couldn’t find a service dept close that actually kept anything in stock and the others I had to pull teeth to get a serious quote.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Call Chris at the Tool Shack about a Kioti. A guy at work bought one last year and loves his. As for most tractors, they're all made in the same factories around the world unless its a 100+hp John Deere made in America

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
One of my family members recently bought the 30hp Kioti 4x4. Awesome tractor, pulled a buried 3500 Chevy out of the mud like it was wheel barrow. The bucket is super smooth, but I don't have the tractor experience many on here have. I love bush hogging with it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I bought a used 98 Ford New Holland 1720 in 2000 that had 42 hours on it. This was the last year that the Ford name was used after New Holland took over. It’s got over 1000 hours on it now and I’ve replaced the water pump, one injector, a fuse and the fan belt that was on it when the water pump locked up. Still going strong after 21 years of use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Half way looking myself. Seems like all are offering some tempting 0% financing terms. Our 2wd tractor is so limited, but it's old school and super simple. Don't like the thought of having a tractor with tier 4 emissions crap on it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I saw Mahindra brought up in your thread on the other forum. If I remember correctly Jason had one and had some issues getting some parts. I have no experience with them though.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just started shopping yesterday, We own an old Massey type 30 and it works hard but is hard to work.. loader and grapple implements are required and just got a quote from Coastal for a Kubota 3901 4wd HST... also getting a Kioti quote for comparable tractor... really think its Kubota's sale to lose but hear great things about Kioti.. Anybody here have one? are aftermarket implements better/worse? already have nearly everything but grapple & loader stuff... any dealer better than coastal?
Like some have said get the 25 Hp stay away from any thing that has the after treatment unless you know some one that can take it off

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Kioti has a great design. Little narrow for me, kinda tippy. Kubota has always been great to operate. Easier to get parts with coastal being a big dealer. Mahindra operates fine. Goodluck getting parts or even talk to a person if you need help. John deere is pure trash unless its a giant combine.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Kioti has a great design. Little narrow for me, kinda tippy. Kubota has always been great to operate. Easier to get parts with coastal being a big dealer. Mahindra operates fine. Goodluck getting parts or even talk to a person if you need help. John deere is pure trash unless its a giant combine.

I argree with what you say Except John Deere has not been a great tractor for years even the giant ones just ask the people who own them and trying to get the software to work on them

·
Clint aka noworyz
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went thru this last fall and got multiple quotes from all over the southeast. Ended up with an L2501 HST (didn’t want DEF BS) from coastal and have been very happy with it. Kioti got the boot because I couldn’t find a service dept close that actually kept anything in stock and the others I had to pull teeth to get a serious quote.
thanks, after the sale service is a huge concern.... I asked yesterday midday for a Kioti quote and nothing yet... asked yesterday at 4:45pm for a kubota quote and it was in my inbox by 9:30 am this morning...

·
Clint aka noworyz
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Call Chris at the Tool Shack about a Kioti. A guy at work bought one last year and loves his. As for most tractors, they're all made in the same factories around the world unless its a 100+hp John Deere made in America
thanks, did enjoy my conversation with Chris yesterday, very helpful but waiting for his quote to have an apples to apples comparison....

·
Clint aka noworyz
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One of my family members recently bought the 30hp Kioti 4x4. Awesome tractor, pulled a buried 3500 Chevy out of the mud like it was wheel barrow. The bucket is super smooth, but I don't have the tractor experience many on here have. I love bush hogging with it.
thanks, alot of good reviews and Kioti statistically better than Kubota but thats on paper not on dirt...

·
Clint aka noworyz
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Half way looking myself. Seems like all are offering some tempting 0% financing terms. Our 2wd tractor is so limited, but it's old school and super simple. Don't like the thought of having a tractor with tier 4 emissions crap on it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
kinda the same, the 4wd diesel HST seems like the way to go.... 0% is nice too....

·
Clint aka noworyz
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw Mahindra brought up in your thread on the other forum. If I remember correctly Jason had one and had some issues getting some parts. I have no experience with them though.
Thanks murf, service is a huge concern... i suppose Kubota has a leg up there.... a big knock against Kioti...

·
Clint aka noworyz
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like some have said get the 25 Hp stay away from any thing that has the after treatment unless you know some one that can take it off
not sure the 25 is enough tractor....need more of a front end working tractor than just bushhoggin & stuff... seems the 3901 seems the best fit at the moment based on limited conversations... what do you mean "after treatment" dont recall that.....

·
Clint aka noworyz
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

side by side comparison seems like the kioti ck40 is wider longer & heavier than the kubota 3901 which seems better for using implements... maybe just those models tho...

·
Registered
452 Posts
not sure the 25 is enough tractor....need more of a front end working tractor than just bushhoggin & stuff... seems the 3901 seems the best fit at the moment based on limited conversations... what do you mean "after treatment" dont recall that.....
Emissions compliance the down fall of all modern diesels doc’s scr’s diesel doser’s Vgt turbo’s Egr valves and the ecm’s and ecu’s that control them All expenses that will happen and you can’t figure out without the software and a computer

1 - 20 of 37 Posts