Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting rid of my Polar 17' CC skiff in favor of a Tracker Pro V 17'. I enjoy the Polar but the flat hull is pretty rough if you have any chop. Now the things I do not like about the Tracker is it is a side console and has carpet in it, I can deal with these issues though. I only fish inshore, bays and sounds, and maybe run to Crab Island every now and then. My question is what do you think about a boat that is primarily a fresh water boat being used mostly in saltwater ? Keep in mind the Tracker is a aluminum V-Hull, it is all original from tracker, boat motor, and trailer package.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That was my first boat (bought it new in '89) and I used it primarily in saltwater. It worked well. Eventually, the salt will take it's toll but that could be years down the line . If you keep up with cleaning it well after each use, it will provide you with many years of good service. That being said... I'd go with a "saltwater" boat over the tracker if that is an option. The trailer will probably be the first thing to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts