Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at ft. pickens yesterday and someone mentioned that there was a site where you can track where fish species predominantly are at any given time of year?

I'm somewhat new to gulf fishing and this could come in handy seeing how/where/when certain fish migrate.

I tried searching online but to no avail. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

· Wicked Awesome
2,280 Posts
http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/highly-migratory-species/ Heres a link to the FWC website on highly migratory fish. For the most part, you can catch most fish year-round, you just have to know where to look fore them. Also, DO NOT keep any fish out of season. The guides are free at most any bait and tackle outfit, and wal-mart or any other fishing/hunting stores. Usually the fish that are inshore for one season and move off shore the next, the ones who were off shore now come closer. They switch. The bigger sport fish tend to be the one who migrate. The smaller fish hang around, just get more timid or less agressive in the colder months. Its alot more work if you dont know where to look. O*D*W

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.