Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Praedator
10,214 Posts
I've pulled a few cars (tourists) out of the sand along the beach. They all say, it didn't look too soft when I drove into it. It's white soft sand you idiots. A two wheel drive vehicle is definately getting stuck in our great beach sand. What makes it nice and soft is also what makes you get stuck dummies.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Back home there was a beach access marked with 4 different signs within 50 yards stating 4wd vehicles only. Used to make 20 bucks a drag. If they did not want to pay the alternative was only one tow truck that would come there and a starting rate of 350$ to hook up

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is/are there local ordinances to fear as well? They will pop you HARD for such in the dune restoration zones yet some just believe they are like the Reality TV trash on MTV, E, etc. and not subject to menial expectations or rules. Walton County don't mess around....

·
SaltWaterDave
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I keep a tow strap in the truck all the time now just pulling tourists and girls in 2wd jeeps out. But this guy.?.....FUBYOYO

·
Super Moderator
29,551 Posts
Hahaha good fer them!!!! Nice tow bill plus a ticket!!!!

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,992 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Last summer I was driving down the island between Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach. There was a truck pulled out on the beach and the guy was fishing next to it.
About 50 yards down another guy had pulled his truck out there and was taking pictures of it with the water in the background.
These geniuses must've been thinking "Gee, why hasn't anybody else thought of this? I must be the only guy around with 4 WD !"
Honestly, tourists have no concept of how soft our sand really is. That's why they get stuck.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Last summer I was driving down the island between Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach. There was a truck pulled out on the beach and the guy was fishing next to it.
About 50 yards down another guy had pulled his truck out there and was taking pictures of it with the water in the background.
These geniuses must've been thinking "Gee, why hasn't anybody else thought of this? I must be the only guy around with 4 WD !"
Honestly, tourists have no concept of how soft our sand really is. That's why they get stuck.
Properly equipped there is nothing wrong with it. I used to do it every day and was pulling a Zodiac Pro Jet. I however had a permit to do it and knew how to do it.

One afternoon there was a tourist down at the waters edge with his Suburban and dual waver runner trailer backed down into the water like it was a boat ramp. With each wave the skinny road tires just sunk deeper and deeper into the sand. We let him try to figure out how to get it out for a little bit then helped him before he buried his rear tires too bad. After we got the skis on the trailer up in the sand and the trailer hooked back up he was pretty happy until I pointed out the Bay County deputy in his patrol car waiting for him up at the road. He was about to get a ticket for driving on the beach.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
back in the day we used to strip old cars down, put big tires on em and ride johnson beach. you could still get stuck. if you did and had to leave your ride there wouldnt be much left of it the next day:)

also had a vw with 60s on it that would do pretty could. a keg fits real nice in a beatle's trunk if you take the spare out and even has a drain hole.:yes:

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I've pulled a few cars (tourists) out of the sand along the beach. They all say, it didn't look too soft when I drove into it. It's white soft sand you idiots. A two wheel drive vehicle is definately getting stuck in our great beach sand. What makes it nice and soft is also what makes you get stuck dummies.
The good ones are the ones with four-wheel drive that park with two on pavement and two in the soft sand.
Then they get the right rear buried to the axle before they remember they have to push a button or flip a switch for 4x4 mode.
Which for most is still only one wheel per axle mode.
And they thus go on to bury the right front too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts