Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im fed up with my baby, and ima pay someone to fix her lol.:banghead I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to take my boat to get it looked at and completely fixed...Im at Eglin AFB and Ill go as far as Mobile to get it looked at...Thanks for any info

Ranger R73 Sport, 125 Merc==========wish it was a yama lol

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Theres a Few on the board.. Kenny owns Emerald Coast Marine over in pensacola.. (Sequiaho) I dont think I spelled his name right.. Then Dave dont remember his name..

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
You might hint as to what the problem is.

Motor got a hole in it of the hull got a hole in it? HeHe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well problem is this...Trolling motor worked for about 3 min, after that it died. I took it back home checked the batterys full charge on both. its a minn kota edge 70 lber. As you can tell im kinda new to the hole boat mechanic stuff lol. Im tryin to find someone who is good with not only TM's but wiring threw the entire boat, please let me know ill give ya a call today....

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
JRiffe (3/29/2010)Well problem is this...Trolling motor worked for about 3 min, after that it died. I took it back home checked the batterys full charge on both. its a minn kota edge 70 lber. As you can tell im kinda new to the hole boat mechanic stuff lol. Im tryin to find someone who is good with not only TM's but wiring threw the entire boat, please let me know ill give ya a call today....

I think xshark is a wiring guru, seems to always be doing something with that kind of stuff. Emerald Coast Marine is great all around. I hear lots of good things about Davlor Marine. Ive only got experience with Emerald Coast/Kenny Mann, great guy great work

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Electrial & motor,, call this guy,

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_lblPostSignature>The Maintenance Shoppe LLC<U></U>
BOAT, TRAILER, AND PWC REPAIR

Your boat repair and customization headquarters
1 mile west of Scenic Hwy on Creighton Rd
4048 Creighton Rd.
Pensacola, FL. 32504
850-221-6789
http://www.themaintenanceshoppe.com

I think he delivers,,,

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
JRiffe (3/29/2010)Well problem is this...Trolling motor worked for about 3 min, after that it died. I took it back home checked the batterys full charge on both. its a minn kota edge 70 lber. As you can tell im kinda new to the hole boat mechanic stuff lol. Im tryin to find someone who is good with not only TM's but wiring threw the entire boat, please let me know ill give ya a call today....

Check your plug then your inline fuses(if you have any) that is a start...it might be something as simple as a bad connection....post up what is wrong with it...bewteen all the great boat mechanics and people on here it might save you a trip for something very simple

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
It does sound like bad connectors.. Mine did the same thing, I have a mini kota also... It would work for a few mins then stop.. Then it might work again it might not.. I started looking into over the weekend and my connections where bad/rusted.. So I cut them back and put some good grease on it, not I just gotta wire them to the plug..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I second the Maintenance Shoppe top notch crew and more than reasonable pricing, and you'll never have to wonder if the work was done right. The only person that has ever given me a i fix it or it's free guarantee . Not to mention it's a secure facility pitbull's and spot lights . The # is 850-221-6789 ask for Gavin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts