Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
bowtech.... I have had nothing but trouble from my hoyt .never shot consistently sent it to hoyt after dumping a ton of dough on it,turned out to be a bent riser after that I bought a diamond black ice. I love it, easy to to tune and stays that way, I have a brand new Hoyt trykon xl in the box never drawn if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bamafan, I sent you a PM about the Trykon. Caspr, I will agree that Mathews does make a fine bow and I personally have never had a problem with them but they have had some issues in the past a little more frequent than some others. I personally like the drenalin but i dont think they have worked out all the bugs. Hoyt has an excellent limb pocket system that is hard to beat.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you are in the pensacola area come by Outcast and shoot the General. It's the smoothest bow I've ever shot. When Bowtech says absolute zero they mean it with the General. It's also veryquiet only draw back is that it is a little heavy but makes up for it in shooting.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
DoneDeal2 (12/30/2007)Bamafan, I sent you a PM about the Trykon. Caspr, I will agree that Mathews does make a fine bow and I personally have never had a problem with them but they have had some issues in the past a little more frequent than some others. I personally like the drenalin but i dont think they have worked out all the bugs. Hoyt has an excellent limb pocket system that is hard to beat.
I totally agree that they have had some problems with the drenalin. That is the reason I said the Switchback. I know there are a lot of bowtech owners on here, and I know that Outcast sells them, but I have seen many bowtechs traded in for mathews, and I have a feeling ifsomeone other than Mike's carried Mathews, there would be a different tune that is sung. But it is all personal preference. I highly recommend you to shoot all the bows before purchasing one. I didnt like the bowtech's due the the break point and feel in my hand, plus at the time when I was looking, Bowtech was having a lot of problems with limbs exploding. It is all personal preference. You need to size the bow for yourself. Shorter and lighter bows are going to be less forgiving on longer shots. Don't be too caught up in IBO speeds, once you get over a certian speed, it is all the same. Pm me if you want to see or maybe shoot my switchback

·
Registered
954 Posts
The only problem I'm having with my Drealine is finding a place to put all the meat!!

It's 4 for 4 this year. What problems are the Drenaline bows having?

Curious?

·
Super Moderator
28,501 Posts
Mike, you know it's just like a Ford/Chevy arguement....people are gonna like different brands....I have driven everything out there and could care less....I shoot a PSE Diablo and this is the 1st year shooting it...I like it but others don't like PSE...Go out to outcast try what Anthony has and decide, there are gonna be "lemmons" in every brand brother....:letsdrink If a manufacturer will back it up w/ a good waranty is something to look at also.

I bought a Fat Boy feeder from Mike's and in less then 3 months the motor burned up.I called them and told them I didn't have a receipt but they took care of me by sending a brand new unit! So they earned more of my buisness...It's the same w/ more expensive toys like bows and guns brother....Squeakey wheel brother!!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
chasin-tail (12/31/2007)The only problem I'm having with my Drealine is finding a place to put all the meat!!

It's 4 for 4 this year. What problems are the Drenaline bows having?

Curious?
Limb fracture. This is what I had heard about the first models that were put out. I think mathews builds a fine bow. And dont plan on getting rid of my Switchback until it gets rid of me!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Caspr21, Thanks, Can you tell me where you heard or read this? I've done a Google search and can't find anything?

Jason, You are absolutley right....Ford vs Chevy......Chocholate vs Strawberry.... Shoot what you like. I'd rather see some in the woods with a bow I did'nt prefer than not at all!!! When my buddies shoot one, I don't ask (right away) what they shot it with.

Are you a Bow hunter or a guy who hunts with a Bow?????

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
George I researched some more on the Drenalin,and I guess its all strictly rumor. Looks like a good bow to me. I'm going to pay a little more attention to it now. Its all still a toss-up, till I shoot them. Hey I know you like guns, If you know anyone that is looking for a nice Remmy 308 witha Springfield Govt. scope let me know. I think its a 6X20X56 ,also have a Blackhawk drag bag and 3-4 boxes of Hornady Gold Medal Match Ammo..maybe more than that. This is a sniper rifle with a complete camo job on it...Good long range varmit setup....I'm going to try to sell it for $1500.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts