Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span class=UIStory_Message>So I went looking for Cobia and came up empty-handed. That?s ok, because I had fun catching Red Snapper on top-water. Not Redfish; Red Snapper. For a great story and videos, check out my website. It?s easier for me to have everyone go to my site to read it and see the videos than to transfer it again to this site. It's a bit of a long read, but well worth it. The video is ok, not quite what I wanted. I bought a new video camera and it had a problem, and I ended up taking it back to Best Buy and getting a new one. I really wish it would have worked right, because what me and my wife saw yesterday doesn't happen everyday. Anyway, enjoy the story, pics, and videos.
Here is one picture that will surely get your attention.

Mega-Bite Inshore Fishing Reports

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold;">Nice report on the top water red snapper that's pretty crazy!! I like the videos but you said all snapper were released unharmed lol the one you pulled in filled the void in a sharks belly!! Good report.

·
Banned
464 Posts
What are the chances of catching the exceedingly rare Red Snapper on the top??? Wow!!
Photographer did a great job!!

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
That's real interesting John...... I hear they're thick out there.

REEL SICK, IMO your signature is a little over the edge, can you imagine what the forum would look like if everyone did that, If you want a full pageADV try a Classified forum!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Now that looked like a lot of fun. Great report, pics and video. Thanks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks for the report and videos. That was amazing. Did you just see them breaking the water while cobia fishing or did you move offshore a bit and find them. I have been able to chum them up before, but I have never seen Snapper just free swimming that high in the water column.

THanks again,
Chris

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all whocommented onthe report and videos. Glad you enjoyed them.</p>

To answer your question, no we didn't see them while cobia fishing. I went out to one of my honey holes to see if we could hook up a grouper or some mingos for supper. Heck, thought we might even see a cobia near the wreck. To answer the second question, no we didn't chum them up, they came up all on their own. It was very cool. I've got some more video that shows them jumping out of the water all the way like bonita or skipjacks.

Went out today looking for Cobia again. Went 0 for 1. I couldn't get him to eat. Saw 3 turtles and a few rays after spotting the one Cobia, butnothing was withthe turtles or rays. Oh well, maybe next time.

I did stumble on a large school of Jacks and we had fun with them for about an hour.
I have some great video of this and somecool pics.

My wife, Ginacaught her first Jack Crevalle today and after landing it 20 minutes later, shesaid scratch that one off the list. She said one was more than enough.
I'll make a post about that trip later on tonight.....Tight Lines.</p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts