Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... what kind of luck do you all have with top water for Red Fish? I've only been fishing for them two times. Been looking at some top water lures!

·
Registered
90 Posts
One of my favorite things to do. Walkin the dog. Early morning is the best time for sure. I like the heddon super spook myself but have had luck with other walk the dog types and also with buzz baits.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have had all kinds of luck with various top water lures. Top Dog Junior, Super Spook, Popa Dog are the ones I have had the most luck with but when winter roles around I'll move back to Catch Jr, Catch 2000 and Crystal shrimp. Thats a real shame too because theres nothing like them exploding out of the water on your lure or watching them stalk it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! ! I'm looking at going down to
the march of Mississippi early october!
can't wait! !

·
Blue man fishing Inc.
1,418 Posts
+1 on the Heddon super spook jr. I've found it's much easier to get that walk the dog action with it compared to the mirrorlures.

Also much easier with braided line compared to mono since it had no stretch. At least for me it is.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
I bought a few of the mirrorlure topwaters but never had much luck. Changed to skitterwalk after I got outfished 4 to 1 in the same spot on identical color mirrorlure by a skitterwalk. Something about the resonance of the rattle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts