Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is my 1st post in weeks and my 1st time fishing in over 5 weeks. That’s just wrong in so many ways.

And I recently bought a used go pro and this is my 1st trip out using it. Have to admit, it is pretty cool to be able to capture all the crazy stuff I run into while on the water. See for yourselves.

I launched just before 5:00, I had a long way to paddle and wanted to get to my target area at sun-up.

Tide was full, not much wind but it was easy to see and hear the bait being chased right at shores edge. There is a gut, under-cut, washout, deep spot…whatever you prefer to call it that runs parallel to the shores edge, larger fish will run this under-cut feeding right at shores edge. This action is only good for a short period of time based on tide & wind, then it’s shallower than the fish feel safe traveling.

I saw some mullet jumping, headed in that direction, on my 2nd cast of the morning throwing a spook, hung a nice 19” trout, ice bath for that one. Here’s the video link. http://youtu.be/YL1z0i57bmI

I managed 2 more trout and 1 croaker large enough to fillet.

And…here’s a link to the other “GATOR” that I almost caught this morning. Pretty aggressive little 4-5 footer thought my spook looked good enough to chase. Wife got onto me for swatting the gator on his nose. http://youtu.be/O5vi0SoBRXc

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's a damn good swat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: barefoot

·
Super Moderator
28,512 Posts
Dang, he wasn't scared of ya at all!!! How long did it take to upload videos??? I hope it was wayyyyy better then at my place!!!

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang, he wasn't scared of ya at all!!! How long did it take to upload videos??? I hope it was wayyyyy better then at my place!!!
Jason;

He's been hanging around this spot for a couple years now, he's growing and getting a bit more aggressive. He'll follow you for a few yards and then back off.

Videos uploaded pretty quickly, it's got to be the service where you are. There's always a price for peace n quite.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I subscribed. Love taking a GoPro along to capture the action.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts