Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Spider rigging is what they call it here and I think where you hail from
Oh ok yeah, that I'm familiar with. Gotcha. Thanks!

You ever use a Float-n-Fly technique to keep it in front of them? Basically a light jig under a weighted bobber and when you jiggle it, it bobs up and down, making the jig dance a little in front of their noses. Seen it work on suspended bass, especially spots... figure it might work on crappie?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Oh ok yeah, that I'm familiar with. Gotcha. Thanks!

You ever use a Float-n-Fly technique to keep it in front of them? Basically a light jig under a weighted bobber and when you jiggle it, it bobs up and down, making the jig dance a little in front of their noses. Seen it work on suspended bass, especially spots... figure it might work on crappie?
Yes I have and A LOT of people around here do that especially fishing grass lines and when there spawning shallow. Most do this or minnows/ Around here that I see. Very few actually casting baits. for crappie

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
let's all meet up somewhere on the river, catch a bunch of fish, take 'em back to the campsite on the river and have a fish fry.. when i was growing up, my dad and his friends did this a lot on the pea river in coffee county. they didn't have boats so we set bush hooks along the river bank with beef liver and fished from the sandbar. some good times there. good memories for me.
jack

·
Registered
993 Posts
let's all meet up somewhere on the river, catch a bunch of fish, take 'em back to the campsite on the river and have a fish fry.. when i was growing up, my dad and his friends did this a lot on the pea river in coffee county. they didn't have boats so we set bush hooks along the river bank with beef liver and fished from the sandbar. some good times there. good memories for me.
jack

we still doing it

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
jack
We use to ride bicycles down to Sipsey river/swamp and spend days at time in there. When we were kids only going home to resupply. We all looked like we had leprosy from the bug bites and somehow I still miss those days

21 - 40 of 42 Posts