Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<DIV id=body0>With high winds forecasted all day we were unable to get far offshore. I was on a 23 foot deep V Triton and I can attest for it's seaworthiness. We had a rough ride out and were able to sit in a bay where we had3-5 footers all day long. They were close and sharp so we had to be carefull all day. The height if the gunnels were a plus.

As far as the fishing went we got fish at every rig we stopped at. For some strange reason we never got a single red snapper. That in itself was a good thing. As we moved towards deeper water we got larger fish. We ended up with 7 croakers, 13 lane snappers. 18 white trout, 1 redfish, and 1 black drum in the box. The 40 fish made for a nice picture. The better part of it was they took all of them home to clean. Made my job easy.

Life is Good!</DIV><SPAN class=edited-wording><DIV class=signature><HR align=left width=300>Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
</DIV>

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wow great job man. If you don't mind me asking. Where in the bay did you catch all those lane snapper? I've never hooked up on one in the bay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts