Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone wanted to join me tomorrow morning for some bonita fishing at the pier... the first decent cold front of the year is coming through tonight, and cold temps and hard north winds are optimum conditions to catch 'winter bobos' ... just bring a light action rod and plenty of white pompano jigs... i use a 6'9" calcutta rod with a 2500 stradic, spooled w/ #6 sufix...

i'll be there at 6am.:moon

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sounds like the right idea. You will be one of the few, but I'm sure all the action will keep you all warm on a chilly morning. I might walk the beaches and or east jetty in Destin in the morning. What pier?....the Joke or P'cloa? Rip some lips. Don't be suprised if a large school of bulls come your way either. Best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still flippen (11/6/2007)Sounds like the right idea. You will be one of the few, but I'm sure all the action will keep you all warm on a chilly morning. I might walk the beaches and or east jetty in Destin in the morning. What pier?....the Joke or P'cloa? Rip some lips. Don't be suprised if a large school of bulls come your way either. Best of luck.
the joke... HAHAHA!!!!

i'll be at pensacola...

i'm telling y'all.... if you want to find out if you have a quality inshore reel, come out there and hook a bonita... i've seen quite a few blow up.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Good luck and have fun,way to cold for me. Besides I gotta go to that 4 letter word place:boo

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
***UPDATE***

went out there at the crack of dawn this morning!... super cold, super windy...

i was the only person out there, and of course, i didn't bring a net....

lots of diving pirds on the end... ran out and on the first throw... WHAM!... nice bobo about 7 lbs... had to pop him off at the pier, because i didn't have a net.... and couldn't handline 'em with 6lb test..... i did this 4 more times, and got tired of retying jigs.... i had a diamond jig on my VS, and chunked that out as far as i could... reeled as fast as i could and BOOM... a king i the 35-40lb range skied on it, and that was all she wrote...

50lb flouro + toothy critter = GAME OVER!:banghead

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JLMass (11/7/2007)see any pomps chicken bone
negative... i looked for only about 10 minutes...

saw an arse-load of mullet though

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
beast819 (11/7/2007)are you using the stradic 2500 FI or MgFB? im looking to get one soon.
FI, but definatly want to get the magnesium...:bowdown

·
Registered
397 Posts
i have had my stradic 4k MgFA for almost a year maybe 2 i forgot when i got it... anyway its a good reel lighter than a normal stradic. there was only one problem with it but its gone now after i first got it i caught 3 big bobo's 2 were like 8 to 9lbs and it made whining noise but it went away after a few months and some new oil. thats the only thing that i had a problem with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts