Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Well I am jealous of your experience. Over here in Walton County and Bay County, there is no comparison to what it was like 20 years ago.
I mean I hunt some pressured areas and have hunted a lot of different public land. Maybe I just focus more on the hunting vs the hunters. I never have problems. Y'all think it is pressured here. Go to the midwest or a western state during a firearms season and you can see orange as far as y'all can see.
It’s real but it happened in 82-83 hunting season. I moved back home to help my Mom & Granny and Mom threw my lucky Zippo away when I left it on my dresser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not trying to sound like an ass but if someone shot at you, you would be able to hear it unless he was hundreds of yards off and certain terrain features to block the muzzle blast. Not to mention if a bullet impacted you, to where it knocked you off your feet, that lighter wouldn't have saved you. Trust me you would have felt the impact from the round and more than likely it would have penetrated through that zippo. Sounds like you tripped/slipped and fell on something that punctured a hole in the zippo.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I mean I hunt some pressured areas and have hunted a lot of different public land. Maybe I just focus more on the hunting vs the hunters. I never have problems. Y'all think it is pressured here. Go to the midwest or a western state during a firearms season and you can see orange as far as y'all can see.

Not trying to sound like an ass but if someone shot at you, you would be able to hear it unless he was hundreds of yards off and certain terrain features to block the muzzle blast. Not to mention if a bullet impacted you, to where it knocked you off your feet, that lighter wouldn't have saved you. Trust me you would have felt the impact from the round and more than likely it would have penetrated through that zippo. Sounds like you tripped/slipped and fell on something that punctured a hole in the zippo.
Maybe a subsonic .300 Blackout.... lol

NWTF is a SHAM! Change my mind!

·
Bearded Brotula
14,508 Posts
.338 Spectre

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
It’s real but it happened in 82-83 hunting season. I moved back home to help my Mom & Granny and Mom threw my lucky Zippo away when I left it on my dresser

That's a bummer, I think I would have something like that framed and hanging on the wall or at the very least in my safe! The good Lord was definitely watching over you that day!

·
Registered
960 Posts
The lighter wasn’t punctured but I don’t really care if anyone believes it or not I know what happened and it broke me from hunting alone

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ever since I've been a member on here there's always been somebody bitching about somebody walking in on them, camera stolen, tree stand stolen etc etc.
The place I hunt 10 minutes from ATL airport gets 3-4 cameras stolen off of it a yr. I buy cheap ones when they are on sale for $29.99. I have had buns, crackheads, etc. walk up on me while in the deer stand. It can get a little creepy, but I get 25’ in a climber, and they usually don’t know I’m there. I promise you the pressure y’all see on public land effects the hunter more than a deer. The pics below are 75 yds from a homeless camp in the woods I hunt.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It's not the danger that bothers me about public land. It's getting the time to finally get away, scout, prep, etc, then some guy posts up a tree 80 yards from you. I'd lose my shit (not on the hunter, but on the situation). I guess if I had all the time in the world available, I'd be more forgiving.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts