Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I hunt both. Now that I am dragging my son along, I focus more on private because it’s easier to manage the people variables.
Only hair raising experience I ever had on public, was when I came very close to shooting a guy. I was walking back(way back off the river) and an 8 come trotting towards me. He stopped broadside at about 25 yds and I shot and missed. Deer went to running again and since I had missed, I figured my scope was off and didn’t follow up with another shot. Just a few seconds later, a guy pops out in the direction I had shot. Turns out he was walking out and bumped the deer. I never saw him but I most definitely shot in his direction. We had no idea either of us were where we were. Scared the crap out of me.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Man watching y'all talk about taking kids on public land makes me wonder how my pops did it.😂 (sarcasm) He has been dragging me along on public land hunts since I was 8 and I started bow hunting them when I was 12.
I am going to have to make an assumption you are likely at least 28yo?

Public land is vastly different today than it was 20 years ago.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yeah I'm 28 years old. It hasn't seemed to change all that much from all the years I have have hunted it. Besides conservation getting better and seeing better quality animals in the places I tend to hunt.
Well I am jealous of your experience. Over here in Walton County and Bay County, there is no comparison to what it was like 20 years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts