Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Man watching y'all talk about taking kids on public land makes me wonder how my pops did it.馃槀 (sarcasm) He has been dragging me along on public land hunts since I was 8 and I started bow hunting them when I was 12.

Registered
I am going to have to make an assumption you are likely at least 28yo?

Public land is vastly different today than it was 20 years ago.
Yeah I'm 28 years old. It hasn't seemed to change all that much from all the years I have have hunted it. Besides conservation getting better and seeing better quality animals in the places I tend to hunt.

Registered
I got my leg knocked out from under me crossing an open area by what I believe was a rifle bullet when hunting by myself. Never heard a shot but the Zippo lighter in my pocket was mushroomed and leaking when I got it out of my pocket. This happened in the middle of 400+ acres of private land.
Thank you Lord an inch in any direction and I probably wouldn鈥檛 be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or real. lol

Registered
Well I am jealous of your experience. Over here in Walton County and Bay County, there is no comparison to what it was like 20 years ago.
I mean I hunt some pressured areas and have hunted a lot of different public land. Maybe I just focus more on the hunting vs the hunters. I never have problems. Y'all think it is pressured here. Go to the midwest or a western state during a firearms season and you can see orange as far as y'all can see.
It鈥檚 real but it happened in 82-83 hunting season. I moved back home to help my Mom & Granny and Mom threw my lucky Zippo away when I left it on my dresser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not trying to sound like an ass but if someone shot at you, you would be able to hear it unless he was hundreds of yards off and certain terrain features to block the muzzle blast. Not to mention if a bullet impacted you, to where it knocked you off your feet, that lighter wouldn't have saved you. Trust me you would have felt the impact from the round and more than likely it would have penetrated through that zippo. Sounds like you tripped/slipped and fell on something that punctured a hole in the zippo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts