Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opening day of rifle here tomorrow, spent most of the day scouting. 1st place I went didnt look too promising so I loaded up and went to plan B.

After walking around a while I finally came up on some good sign near a dried up pond that is super thick, the edge had some good trails and was eat up with hookings and a few scrapes. Southeast wind tomorrow actually gonna be good for this spot so I went ahead and hung a stand.

Planning on sitting dark to dark, gonna be a loooooonnnng day!

All day sit lunch!

NWTF is a SHAM! Change my mind!

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
They're moving a lot here at the house. Just had three small bucks at my feeding table. Good luck to all of y'all.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At 730, 3 saddle suckers come in on me and climbed up within 100 yds upwind of me... I packed up and went somewhere different. Thought I had that place to myself all day, they came in by mud boat.

Sitting a rub line in thick CRP now for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
824 Posts
At 730, 3 saddle suckers come in on me and climbed up within 100 yds upwind of me... I packed up and went somewhere different. Thought I had that place to myself all day, they came in by mud boat.

Sitting a rub line in thick CRP now for the rest of the day.

Exactly what I was talking about the other day. Some folks dont have no business in the woods.

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Exactly what I was talking about the other day. Some folks dont have no business in the woods.
you can come in from a totally different way and never know someone is in there. But its also a public land draw hunt, I'm going where the deer are, you don't get the woods all to yourself.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls.

·
Registered
824 Posts
you can come in from a totally different way and never know someone is in there. But its also a public land draw hunt, I'm going where the deer are, you don't get the woods all to yourself.

You keep missing the point of why public land is dangerous, although you just explained it to yourself. People coming in from different directions and not knowing where someone else is.

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Public land is no more dangerous than driving on the interstate. Apples to apples i bet just as many bad things happen on private ground as does public. Heck in Florida you don't have to wear orange on private ground. Last person injured around here that I remember was private ground. A guy shot his friend with buckshot. Thought he was a deer and at very last light or just after dark. Most folks that have never hunted public land have the most to say about it. These great private land deer killers can't even find a squirrel on public land. Let alone find a legal deer. Takes way more effort and time on public. I've been hunting public for over 20 years, only time I've ever had a problem was from some yuppies from the breeze shooting in a clay pit.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Public land is no more dangerous than driving on the interstate. Apples to apples i bet just as many bad things happen on private ground as does public. Heck in Florida you don't have to wear orange on private ground. Last person injured around here that I remember was private ground. A guy shot his friend with buckshot. Thought he was a deer and at very last light or just after dark. Most folks that have never hunted public land have the most to say about it. These great private land deer killers can't even find a squirrel on public land. Let alone find a legal deer. Takes way more effort and time on public. I've been hunting public for over 20 years, only time I've ever had a problem was from some yuppies from the breeze shooting in a clay pit.

You get older and have kids that want to hunt you'll wish you had your own place.

·
Registered
824 Posts
What public land did you hunt that was so dangerous.

It's the inconsiderate people more than dangerous. Who the hell wants to hunt where people are pulling up all around you and walking in. I hunted Blackwater and several of the Alabama management areas and they're all the same. Even worse during turkey season.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's the inconsiderate people more than dangerous. Who the hell wants to hunt where people are pulling up all around you and walking in. I hunted Blackwater and several of the Alabama management areas and they're all the same. Even worse during turkey season.
Turkey season does seem to bring out the “best” in people! Lol

1 - 20 of 51 Posts