Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
goin out tommorow and i'm kinda going on a whim here....how deep is the water at the point SW of shoreline park? and about how far is the paddle there??

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The point sw of shoreline park is a very large sandbar extending out to the south. Usually very large waves if barges and large boats are going by. If you go west across the point quickly past the all glass windo house on the point and get around west, the fishing has generally been very good on the west end of Gulf Breeze. A lot of deep holes. Just look up some free online charts for the P'cola bay. Or look at a blow up of Google maps. It will show the dark holes on that end. It is generally considered a flat all in front of shorline park. Bluefish, trout and eventually spanish will be running through there possibly now and in the next few weeks. Distance to bar, maybe 1/3 mile.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i went to the naval live oaks area and i emideatley(spelling) hooked up with a small croaker fishing with a popping cork and live shrimp...i dropped him off the back of the yak with a 9/0 circle hook and some marlin 7X7 wire and continued fishing it wasn't 10 minutes later my drag started to scream,i cranked down on the real and held on...after about a 30 minute slay ride(not knowing what to expect) i pulled a very large ray to the boat...it's wingspan seemed to be about half as long as the kayak...relesed him and caught a speck and went home...very interesting trip.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Very interesting to say the least. You rigged big and went bigger still. Hopefully the trout was a keeper and will make a nice meal. Its 3:29 and I am going fishing right now. Playing with my new rod holders to see how they work. Looks very fishy right now. Will post later if I catch anything.

Just got home. Its 7:20 fished since this post earlier. I caught one keeper slot 17 speck. A lot of taps and bumps from Juveniles. Caught a few of them also. Can't seem to find the big ones around at the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.