Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to the wives on this forum =
last night I had my wife wake me up from a deep sleep to tell me a mouse got caught in a sticky trap.
OK I am an old guy in my 60's and I had to take the CPAP mask off to attend to the emergency.
my eyesight has diminished as I am a disabled Vietnam Veteran and payed the price for that war. OK - my bad
so I am standing around the area I set the sticky traps but am not told by the wife that the mouse is in the middle of the floor and my eyes can not see it.
OK - I guess that is a woman thing that details are not that important but I am hearing the noise of a mouse in distress without my glasses [did I not mention i am 60+ with fading eyesight? ] never the less I hear my wife constantly asking multiple questions on how I plan to deal with the mouse? OK = at this point my aging brain is overwhelmed by constant irrelevant questions after being roused by an emergency. I did notice an upside down sticky trap in the area but had set many sticky traps and had no idea a mouse was underneath. as my brain tried to work and remedy the situation my ears were over come with questions like " how are you going to deal with the mouse" .
so my doggy brain is trying to come up with a good way to say I am going to bash him in the head with the broom handle but during this time I can see the mouse climbed underneath the dishwasher and pried himself loose and escaped.

I know this is far complex for many of you to comprehend and probably none of the wives.
so my question is why was I woken up in the first place?

·
Mad Scientist
115 Posts
I would rather light myself on fire than even try to wake my husband up in the middle of the night. His slow reaction time and extended grogginess would only make whatever situation is at hand worse.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
The only logical guess i got is "if they can't sleep neither will you." About once a year my wife wakes me up and says something like "i heard something outside" or "one of the kids doesn't feel good." My response is usually one of a few things "why in the *@&k are you waking me up you got two legs and know where the guns are" "the kids will be fine until the morning its just a stomach bug" or the ever popular " I'll deal with whatever the noise is in the morning if its still here, as long as it doesn't wake me up again" none of those seem to get a good response though.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Before having a baby the wife could sleep thru anything.
After baby she now has the ability to be awoken if a mouse crawls across the carpet 30 feet away at 3am.
During a rainstorm, which she would not wake up to.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
This is one that I love from my past (I now love it cause I don't have to hear it).

Her...nudge, nudge, "Honey, ....honey,,,Mitch".
Me.." :blink:huh..what?"
Her..........."I can't sleep."
me...:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
This is one that I love from my past (I now love it cause I don't have to hear it).

Her...nudge, nudge, "Honey, ....honey,,,Mitch".
Me.." :blink:huh..what?"
Her..........."I can't sleep."
me...:mad::mad::mad:
I am sorry buddy, but I can not resist.

Maybe this is why you are a past memory, you missed the "Hint" dude.

"I can't sleep ~~~ wear me out"
might be what she really meant.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
My question is why the sticky paper mouse trap and not the one you hear go snap, knowing the job is done. Then fall back asleep and worry about it in morning.

·
Super Moderator
28,123 Posts
My ole lady would have to shoot a shotgun off at the bed ta wake me up....:shifty:

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Exchange the sticky traps for the spring loaded ones and the question is "self-answering". Or, maybe your wife would rather you feed the disease carrying little shits. BTW, I feel your pain daily, brother. We take in wounded frogs for Christ sakes.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^end of story
Well...maybe. My only comment is, at my age a good night sleep and a great day fishing beats bad sex with an old woman any day-or night.
Now I am single, I date younger women, and I sleep, fish, and have sex as often and whenever "I" want. So which would you choose? :whistling:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Couldn't tell you. My hubby could and has slept thru a tornado going over our house. Next morning, he was like "shit, what happened to our yard?"

I have been guilty of forcing him out of bed after having a snake in the bathroom in the wee hours. I had to pee, sat on the toiled, groggy, looked down and this rope looked like it was moving. I moved and it moved towards me....HELL NO!!!! I jumped up on the vanity, thru the door, closed the door, went to the kitchen to get a glass mixing bowl, opened the door to see this guy coiled up and ready to strike, threw the bowl on him and woke up hubby to let him deal with the rest.....hey, I trapped it, he can figure out what to do with it!

Rats and mice? plastic bag and out to the garbage can. I just don't do snakes - especially when I'm trying to pee in the middle of the night....

·
Registered
810 Posts
Couldn't tell you. My hubby could and has slept thru a tornado going over our house. Next morning, he was like "shit, what happened to our yard?"

I have been guilty of forcing him out of bed after having a snake in the bathroom in the wee hours. I had to pee, sat on the toiled, groggy, looked down and this rope looked like it was moving. I moved and it moved towards me....HELL NO!!!! I jumped up on the vanity, thru the door, closed the door, went to the kitchen to get a glass mixing bowl, opened the door to see this guy coiled up and ready to strike, threw the bowl on him and woke up hubby to let him deal with the rest.....hey, I trapped it, he can figure out what to do with it!

Rats and mice? plastic bag and out to the garbage can. I just don't do snakes - especially when I'm trying to pee in the middle of the night....
lmao!!!!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
to the wives on this forum =
last night I had my wife wake me up from a deep sleep to tell me a mouse got caught in a sticky trap.
OK I am an old guy in my 60's and I had to take the CPAP mask off to attend to the emergency.
my eyesight has diminished as I am a disabled Vietnam Veteran and payed the price for that war. OK - my bad
so I am standing around the area I set the sticky traps but am not told by the wife that the mouse is in the middle of the floor and my eyes can not see it.
OK - I guess that is a woman thing that details are not that important but I am hearing the noise of a mouse in distress without my glasses [did I not mention i am 60+ with fading eyesight? ] never the less I hear my wife constantly asking multiple questions on how I plan to deal with the mouse? OK = at this point my aging brain is overwhelmed by constant irrelevant questions after being roused by an emergency. I did notice an upside down sticky trap in the area but had set many sticky traps and had no idea a mouse was underneath. as my brain tried to work and remedy the situation my ears were over come with questions like " how are you going to deal with the mouse" .
so my doggy brain is trying to come up with a good way to say I am going to bash him in the head with the broom handle but during this time I can see the mouse climbed underneath the dishwasher and pried himself loose and escaped.

I know this is far complex for many of you to comprehend and probably none of the wives.
so my question is why was I woken up in the first place?

Freakking HILARIOUS...Wives are funny creatures fo sho....(mine knows better, I only wake up for true emergency's :blink::001_huh:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I used to live with a Mississippi Gal that would grab a gun and go check on noises at night on her own. At times firing a few shots off the front porch for good measure. I should of married that one!

When a Man says he will fix something...he will fix it. He does not need to be reminded every 6 months to do so....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts