Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know about this already..............
After many months of patience and some negotiation and luck I have been hired by Sea Vee Boat Co.

I will be running the Seabrook, TX sales office and will be covering LA, MS, AL, and N.W. Florida as well.
I will be retiring from the Fire Dept. in about 24 months and wanted to go back into boat sales. I spent
a great deal of time looking at boats and knew that Sea Vee was the only company I wanted to work for.
There are many great boats on the market but Sea Vee's attention to detail and fishing oriented layout
make the boats a pleasure to sell and fish out of. The owners and employees of the company have treated me
like family from day one and that also played an important part in my decision to join the company. I was able to
sea trial Sea Vee's 39' w/ Quad 300 Verados in honest 6' seas at the Ft. Lauderdale show and I was able to drive
the boat in the troughs at 55.6 mph.(That wasn't wide open for the boat, but it was forcertain parts of my anatomy!)The down side to all this is that I won't be able to come to Pensacola as
much as I have in past years but I hope to be delivering a boat or two down that way before the year is out.
This board has grown immensly since the early days when I joined and unfortunately I don't know everyone on here
like I did at one time. Those of you who have helped me over the last few years, thanks once again. Without the kindness of the people on this board I would have quit saltwater fishing shortly after I started! I love Pensacola and will be down every chance I get......

Thanks again,

Paul McCoy
Sea Vee Boats
Miami, Fl.

·
Registered
454 Posts
What a company to work for--- I understand there is currently a back log on production on many of the models. Is that correct?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrat's, I wish you all the best. Are you going to finish your last 24 months or are you in an early out situation?

Tom

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Best of luck Paul,hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Wow, way to to Paul... I glad you finally landed that sales job.... Im sure you will be an asset to the company... call me sometime...:usaflag

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Congratulations! That sounds like a great opportunity to meet and hopefully fish with a lot of great folks. Best wishes in your "new" career. Stick around on the forum and keep us updated on any new or fantastic deals you may come across.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, I will be finishing my 24 months out with the F.D. I am going to be moving to Seabrook after the first of the year and commuting via Southwest Airlines 3 times a week to the fire station. Not ideal, but this was an opportunity that I could not pass up. I will be going to Miami at the end of the month to build and rig boats for a week.(Hiller, no comments from you on my boat rigging!) Every person in the company including the ladies in the office know almost every detail of the construction and rigging of these boats. The people at Sea Vee are the main reason I took the job. Reallya nice, down to earth group of people including the owners. This will be a tremendous challenge but I am looking forward to getting some Sea Vee on the water in Texas.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That sounds great. I've been toying with the idea of selling my Bertram and buying a 34 or 31 with diesels for a while. I really like the looks of the 34 with 400hp yanmars and the tower with cuddy. It looks like it would serve me well.

Any information you might share would be appreciated. One thing I 'd like to know is why do people continue to want to rig these boats with outboards? What is the purpose of having 1200 hp of outboards on that boat when you could put a couple of diesels in it and have more reliability, range and resale, plus less cost?

THanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are currently building a 39' w/ Volvo IPS 600 diesels. Top speed is expected to be 60mph +!!!! I have been to the Volvo orientation class and the engines are a very simple to maintain and the IPS drive is extremely efficient. I hope to get to run the boat while I am in Miami at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations PMac. When we spoke in Biloxi you hinted about this great opportunity on the horizon. Good thingscome to good people. Make the best of it and good luck.:toast

-Shane

·
Super Moderator
12,824 Posts
PMac (11/8/2007)We are currently building a 39' w/ Volvo IPS 600 diesels. Top speed is expected to be 60mph +!!!! I have been to the Volvo orientation class and the engines are a very simple to maintain and the IPS drive is extremely efficient. I hope to get to run the boat while I am in Miami at the end of the month.
that would be insane!:bowdown

1 - 20 of 22 Posts