Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TM260. Anybody using one? Wanting to pair it with my Furuno 585. Just wondering if they are as good as they claim to be? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Joey

Havent used one but from my research a tm260 will be difficult to find a sweet spot for mounting it where it won't lose bottom above planing speed due to turbulence. So finding bottom spots or "run overs" at cruising speed could prove difficult. It is reported to be fantastic at slow speed.

Mark

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Joey

Havent used one but from my research a tm260 will be difficult to find a sweet spot for mounting it where it won't lose bottom above planing speed due to turbulence. So finding bottom spots or "run overs" at cruising speed could prove difficult. It is reported to be fantastic at slow speed.

Mark
Where are you getting your info?

I haven't used the TM 260, but have installed and run plenty of P66 units.

Loosing bottom at speed has to do with hull type and following install directions that come with the X-ducer.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Where are you getting your info?

I haven't used the TM 260, but have installed and run plenty of P66 units.

Loosing bottom at speed has to do with hull type and following install directions that come with the X-ducer.
Bobby

It will be going on a cat boat. there are mounting adaptions i have seen that place the tm260 in the middle of the boat between the sponsons that could work.

If you we're enamored with the tm26o wish you would have spoken up back in the day.

http://www.gulfcoastfishingconnection.com/forums/forum44/thread11052.html

http://www.thehulltruth.com/archive/t-248084.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
We are running this model trandsducer on a 26' w/ twins. It picks up the bottom great. I have not lost the bottom yet, even at cruise or WOT. I have it on a Lowrance LCX-111cHD.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fro the replies. I have the p66 on it now and it holds bottom good at speed out to 600'. Just doesn't have the detail. I want to count rib bones at 600!!!

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
MarkW I have very little experience with Cat Boats. They are the ones that can be tricky. That and a flat bottom boat, like a Jon Boat will induce air under the hull and screw up you pix on the FF.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I couldn't stand it anymore. I ordered it last night. I hope BOE Marine can get it to me early next week. Maybe next weekend will be fishable.

I will update when it's here.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Transducer

Joey,

From your signature it appears you own a World Cat. You may want to reconsider the transom mount especially in between the sponsons. I owned a 27 World Cat with twin 225 Hondas. I put over 1,000 hours on my Cat. There is a lot of turbulence in between the sponsons.

Before outfitting my boat, I spoke with several World Cat owners all of which recommended a shoot thru ducer mounted in the rear of either sponson. I went with an M260 mounted in the starboard sponson. I was extremely pleased with it's performance.

KJ

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Simmons you can get a lot more from it than 14knts. It needs a little tweaking.

Tcat it will not be between the sponsons. I would be scared someone using the ladder may accidently use it for a step. Mine will be mounted on the outside of the port side sponson where the original was mounted. The original was a P66(600 watt) and held bottom at speed out to 600'. Just not enough detail for me.

I don't like the ideal of shoot through because of power loss and loss of detail.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Joey,

My M260 in the World Cat paired with DSM 300 and RL70CRC would paint the bottom at Pertronius at 1,700 feet of water. Detail up to 600' was real good. It would paint the bottom clearly at 30knts up to 600' of water. You may want to query some of the folks on the World Cat forums regarding your approach.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what I'm looking for. I'll check out the WorldCat forum. Hope I can get the performance from the 260 that you did. I've heard nothing but good about them. Can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Simmons you can get a lot more from it than 14knts. It needs a little tweaking.
I agree....It needs some tweeking.

But some boats are not going to get a lot out of it. Flat bottom boats especially, as they induce air under the hull.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I installed it Thursday evening and fished Friday. I think I got it right the first time and won't need to tweak it. Due to the seas building in the afternoon, the deepest I got was round 250'. Even with the rough water it still tracked bottom perfectly at speed with the gain down round 2.5. It shows alot of detail. I'm hoping to try it in deeper water next weekend. I'll post updates. I'm happy so far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts