Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyoone titled a boat from Alabama in the last year or so? If you have did fl give you a hard time about it registe ring a boat and trailer with nothing but a bill of sale and an up to date registration?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Alabama does not issue titles to boats. All they have are registration records.

I have purchased several from Alabama.

You get the up to date registration, a bill of sale from the seller, and take all of this to Florida.

Florida will create title and issue in your name. There is no catch, this is how it has been for a long time with them.

Be sure to have a bill of sale that states the hull number and one for the trailer. Both are titled assets in the state of Florida.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's been 20 years but I brought two boats back to FL that had been registered in AL in my name and no title. No bill of sale because they were already mine. They titled and registered them in FL no problem, they know AL doesn't title boats and doesn't register boat trailers. You just have to prove they're yours.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I had read but was looking for firsthand experience. I called and talked to the dmv this morning and they acted as if it was a regular thing. I guess ill see tomorrow

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was no problem, had a typed bill of sale and a current Alabama registration. The pain comes from needing an empty trailer weighed on certified scales to get it tagged. I’ll do that in the next few weeks

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it’s gonna be really really close or I would, I’ll just take a day and suck it up and do it

·
Registered
512 Posts
IT won't be a problem. BTW, if you can get separate bills of sale for the trailer, motors(s), and hull, you'll only have to pay taxes on the value of the hull (think value of just the hull w/o electronics, etc). Can save you quite a few bucks.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IT won't be a problem. BTW, if you can get separate bills of sale for the trailer, motors(s), and hull, you'll only have to pay taxes on the value of the hull (think value of just the hull w/o electronics, etc). Can save you quite a few bucks.
Thats what I did, saved a ton of money for sure

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
This is good advice, thanks.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I did this today, saved almost a thousand bucks

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't think I've ever bought anything from Alabama for more than $500 that includes boats, cars, jetski' s and motorcycles, everything's so cheap over there

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts