Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I debuted the new to me pro angler!! I got a 2013 pro angler 14 with the vantage seat and let me say it is the best kayak on earth!!! Me and The Ride 135 met up last night at the trusty old 3 mile for some redfish action. I was so happy to finally get nice weather on a day off. So the wind was 4-5 mph from the south. The temp was like 55 degrees. The tide was high at 10pm and that’s about what time we got there. I e been kayak fishing for about 6 years now and I’ve had a few yaks. I e had a native slayer, hobie quest, hobie outback, pescador, cuda, stealth, and a few others. By far the pro angler is the best. So we cruised our to the bridge and the conditions were perfect. Every light held fish. All we did was catch fish all night. The water is dark and so are the fish but you could see them clear as day. We would cast the jig head with a 7in fluke out and rip it across the top and you could watch them chase it down. Some would jump completely out of the water. We took pics at first but after the 5th or 6th each we said screw the pics and just released them as quick as possible. The current picked up around 1 am and that’s when they really went nuts. I think these fish would’ve attacked a damn soda can if you threw it at them. Aggressive is an understatement. We got to the point where our arms were cramping and hurting from fighting the fish. Let me say that without exaggeration every other cast caught a fish. And we did this from 10:30-3:45. I was so exhausted!!! We got so many that at one point before we left we were enjoying watching the fish attack and were hoping they would spit the hook. I actually said we should cut the barb off the jig lol. It was so amazing to see so many fish in such an aggressive state. There were no waves at all. The water was flat the wind was low and the current was moving so fast. I have t had that much action since we had to battle the red dragons lol. I’m sorry if this is a long post but I just get so excited when I think about it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome post man! 3MB has been great, TheRide135 def puts you on fish out there! He got the bullred bullseye, sees em when I never can. Glad it was a great trip, can’t beat a PA! Maybe we can link up and hit em one night, or off shore soon!

·
Super Moderator
28,516 Posts
Sounds like a heck of a night... We went last night (boat though) and managed only 2... but hey ever since selling my sleds, I was just excited to be out there FISHING!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts