Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fired a nail gun in an A/C closet a half dozen times doing a house reno and came out with tinnitus in my left ear. It sounds like a high pitched Morse code and I can hear it whenever there little or no background noise to cover it up. I'm still able to sleep, it's hasn't effected me that much, but I could see where if it was worse, it would drive you batty. Anyone have it, have any advice, is it worth an audiologist visit?

· Registered
3,117 Posts
never ends with me ether and i always have the same answer for my soft speaking wife = " what " . TV and voices have to be louder than the noise in my ears but i do have a question for others. does your ears ever all of a sudden switch tones ? that is when i notice it the most but still hope i have a .270 Win go off in my ears this saturday

· Registered
3,437 Posts
does your ears ever all of a sudden switch tones ?
Mine didn't used to but it does sometimes these days. Seems worse when I have not gotten enough sleep (which is frequent). Constant, used to be in just the left ear but now it's in both. I went to see ENT when it first started, they tried a prednisone (steroid) pack as a Hail Mary but it didn't help. Been about 12 or 15 years now, as far as I know there isn't anything to be done about it.

Reactions: DLo

· Registered
15,483 Posts
never ends with me ether and i always have the same answer for my soft speaking wife = " what " . TV and voices have to be louder than the noise in my ears but i do have a question for others. does your ears ever all of a sudden switch tones ? that is when i notice it the most but still hope i have a .270 Win go off in my ears this saturday
Yes, they do change, if I am subject to loud noises for period of time, like a concert.
I will say that my hearing aids drown it out, so I no longer have to ask people to repeat themselves, 10 freaking times!!.

· Registered
3,437 Posts
I have the same issues as above. It is so loud some days that I ask my wife if she can hear it too. You learn to live with it, some days you don't notice it....some it drives you crazy.
Pretty much this. Some days I forget about it, but other days it's singing so loudly I feel like others should hear it.

· Registered
977 Posts
Mine was caused by sitting next to turbo-prop engines for 10+ hour missions and then outboards for the last 30 years. Some days are worse than others.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts