Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me a local supplier (in Pensacoal area) of tinned wire? I need around 100' of 14g and 16g. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Just a question. Is this for a rewire job? I don't think I've ever heard of wire that was tinned all the way through, but, I'm no expert. Usually just tinned the ends. You can also use liquid electrical tape after connecting to help with corrosion.

Skip

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need the wiretorewire my E box and T-top, and thought it would help with corrosion.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Lastcast....Each individual wire in the bundle is tinned all the way thru in Marine wire.

Ross68 What color you want? 455-0415

14ga = $.48 ft

16ga = $.32ft

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
lastcast (11/05/2010)Learn something new everyday! I figured it would make it a little rigid. That's why we ask!

Skip
I thought the same thing. I found out about tinned wire about one day after I rewired my little boat with regular autograde.<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 12px; ">:boo

Oh well, what I took out wasnt tinned either, and it lasted 20+ years.

The non-tinned will eventually turn black on the inside. At least the stuff I pulled out was black on the inside, no matter how far back I stripped the insulation

·
Super Moderator
20,451 Posts
Habor View carries it. Go see Jennifer and she will take care of you. Also Outcast carries it too, not sure of the variety they stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts