Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Tinks 69 & Buck calls

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  scootman 
I have used the can on several occasions with good success. I have found that the does are not scared off by it at all and even bucks that are not in rut yet really pay no attention to the can. But those bucks that are within hearing distance and are actively looking for hot does the can works great. I have found that the more aggressive I have been with the can the better my results have been. During the rut I ALWAYS have a Primos can with me.

I have never had any results with buck grunts. I do not believe that grunts are worth while unless you are hunting managed land where the buck to doe ratio is near 1 to 2 or 1 to 1. The buck to doe ratio on most public land is more like 1 to 20 so they do not have to go far to find hot does and they almost never have to fight other bucks for does.

The only scent I have ever seen with my own eyes work on a deer has been Trails End 307. The 9 point I shot last year in Blackwater had his nose sniffing the wick when I shot him. He happened to be my best buck ever and was big enough that he would qualify for the Florida buck registry.

I have never used the little can or long can so i couldn't comment on those two.

But, there is a hole on the bottom that you cover with your finger and flip it over to make the sound. Remember that this call works completely on gravity and lifting or lowering the can while it is bleating will change the tone of the call. You can actually use it to make a variety of doe bleats from short contact bleats to the long estrous bleats by varying how you move the can. You can flip it with a sharp "jolt" to make a short quick bleat, flip it and let it play out and raise your hand quickly at the end to add emphasis to the call etc... etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.