Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got rid of my old 14" sit in and now I'm going with an SOT! Im not familiar with what's the best because I am still new to kayak fishing but what would you recommend? I mainly fish inshore but do like going offshore occasionally. I'm a pretty small guy so weight capacity isn't an issue but weight of the kayak is. Im looking for something in the $700-$800 range. New or used does not matter to me. Would like something that can be modded without being too difficult

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
If you get the trident 13 get the newer rod pod
Allows you to easily mod it and store rods inside. it also has a built in place for a fishfinder and the front scupper is molded for humminbird transducer.

Very fast but still stable.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I just ordered a pompano 120 from wes marine they have it on sale right now for 399 regular 499 . And from what ive read on it its a great yak and way below ur budget to more money for electronics!!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Bo theres a nice trident on craigslist pcola should be able to get it in ur price range. it doesnt have a rod pod but it can be added. .

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a WS Tarpon 120 and just upgraded to a OK Trident 13. I think the Trident is a much better kayak. That being said, I did pay half as much for my Tarpon on Craigslist then I did for the Trident. The Trident feels more stable, has better storage and is made for fishing. It is almost a foot and a half longer and is a little more difficult to maneuver.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only thing about the trident is that they're a bit out of my price range. I'm a broke college kid haha it'd take me forever to come up with a couple hundred bucks to spare. Even if I could talk someone down on price. I don't forsee anyone taking 900 for one

·
Registered
391 Posts
Bo I have a 2 year old Trident 13 garage keep that I'll sale, like new condiction. Comes with standard OK high back seat and a Crack Of Dawn air cushion, Stohlquist life vest, Aqua-Bound Sting or Manta Ray paddle w/leash, Scotty rod holder, crate with 3 rodholders and rod leashes, home made cart and pvc nylon strap sawhorses.
Will take $900 just no able to use it. I'll send you or post some pictures but it will be tommor afternoon before I can. I may have a picture on this computer will check.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yes, you can get the rod pod separately if you get a used older model without that. Any used ones generally don't last long before they are snatched up so be ready to act quickly if you find a Trident 13 for sale.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey PennFish. I see you are in Niceville from the photo. That is one of my favorite launch spots too. I have caught over-slot reds in that area and once a 16" cobia trolling a spoon!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts