Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats everyone using? over the past few years i've had2 shimano bags (both lasted less than a year) and one of those wal-mart okeechobee flats bags (which was great and lasted 2 years, but i don't think they carry them anymore) I need a bag that'll hold 8 370 boxes and 2 360s. plus a pocket for some goodies, clippers, pliers, leader material, etc. I've been searching the usual sites, BPS, cabelas, capt harrys, and even checked out the shimano site.....didn't really see anything that would fit my needs.

thanks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Dunno brother, I've always used those shimano bags. They look real ruff but usuallyget more than a year out of em.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
link

I've been trying to find the right size bag as well. The first two bags at the link above are the biggest I could find. I've got a medium sized okeechobee. I like it, I just can't fit all my stuff in it.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
What you seek young grasshopper is something that has plagued us for centuries,tryin to fit 200lbs. of sh*t in a 1 lb. bag:banghead I've come to the conclusion(and of course this is one mans opinion) that there is no easy way to store your sh*t and carry it with ya. I have bags,not 1 or 2 but like 6 or 7. The trolling gear is out of control and dispersed between mesh bags stored in other bags and more plano boxes than I have bags for. When I moved,I wasn't worried about the furniture or other stuff fitting,just the tackle and rods. It's taking over!!! Soon I'll be paying rent on a place I can't even stay in cause of all the crap,good crap of course. Sorry to be long winded but the only thing that I have foud to work is too grab what ya think "may" work and a couple things that ya don't mind loosing,pack it into a single,small,seaworthy bag and give it a shot. If it don't work that day and something else would have,the conditions would have already changed by the time ya figured it out:doh Good luck Josh,your gonna need it! Let us know if ya find a 300lb. bag that someone will let ya bring on their boat.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I got sick of being ripped off by "tackle company" bags that fall apart carrying 200 trolling lures rolled in lure cases so for a year or so, I carried them loose. Then I founda really heavy duty duffle bag from North Face. It was expensive as all hell - maybe 200, but it's lasted 4 or 5 years of constant abuse. When that bag became too small to carry all of our lures and stuff, I shifted to a plastic storage box with flip open lids from Sams and they rock. They're not soft and you have to have room for them, but there are no zippers to rip and they clean really well. Oh, and they're like 20bucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Trigger, if you find the Okeecobee soft sided Tackle Boxes with the plastic box inserts please drop me an e-mail and let me know where I can buy one. I bought a big one at Walmart in Port Arthur, Tx about 2 years ago for my son and ithas been so nice of a tackle box that I wish I had bought one for myself. Now my old Shimano Tackle Bag is getting old and I need one. The Okeechobee was the best quality Taclke Box I have seen on the market. My son really likes his.

·
Super Moderator
5,904 Posts
North Face, Cabelas, BPS, awwww bullshit. Here's mine. No kidding.

Cardboard Boxes and....

Lure bags.....

I also have a cheap duffel bag I carry terminal tackle and clothes in....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
What you talking about Wade. Those boxes are way too uptown for your lures rigged the way you had them with those ghetto hooks. Once we get through fixing it, you can move up to plastic like the rest of the civilised world.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a WFO offshore bag that I now use only for bay tackle, but it has alot of room and is less bulky than some bags. My buddy has an Okuma duffle bag-style bag that works pretty well also.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Walmart still carries those okeechobeebags......I had one and it lasted a while......got a new one for christmas.....the big one. Seems a lot tougher

1 - 14 of 14 Posts