Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding my tilt/trim assembly on y Yamaha VF250LA. The tilt piston has 4 springs. four ball bearings and 4 pins. Can anyone tell me how they go together? \

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
If you Google it, there several vids on repair. Just a guess, I didn't watch them. Good luck.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CurDog, Thanks for the help. Can you suggest why my motor goes up great but will not come down... have to bring it down manually

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,987 Posts
Since I believe you said you went inside the unit, so I'd have to guess you have an air lock in the pump, or maybe a misplaced ballbearing?
Could also be the relay as lastcast pointed out,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try swapping your relays. Does it work the same from the motor and binnacle?
Works the same. Not sure relay problem, worked fine till seals started leaking. The piston at the motion of the main ram has a plunger with 4 holes, there are 4 springs, 4 ball bearings and 4 pins. I installed the pins inside the springs with the head first with the spring on top?
Since I believe you said you went inside the unit, so I'd have to guess you have an air lock in the pump, or maybe a misplaced ballbearing?
Could also be the relay as lastcast pointed out,
How would I fix an air lock in the pump?

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,987 Posts
May need to re-check the ballbearings, make sure they are in the appropriate places/none slipped out.

There are several ways to get the air out. Google it, and get the different ways. Too much for me to type it all out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts