·
Indiana Jones
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hope to see a lot of you register so I can have more prize money :tt2:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Tight Lines didn't do one last year, but im with Caddy Yakker, it should take one around 9 lbs to place... Have seen an abundance of 5 lbers this year already....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
looking forward to it , going to be a fun one for sure . but i'm thinking it's going to take a 11-12lber to even place.we have some huge sheeps around here , florida record is somethiing like 17 pounds , but we catch a couple 10-12#ers every year . Hopefully this year though good luck to all , and lets go wear out Johns scale for this one

·
Registered
280 Posts
looking forward to it , going to be a fun one for sure . but i'm thinking it's going to take a 11-12lber to even place.we have some huge sheeps around here , florida record is somethiing like 17 pounds , but we catch a couple 10-12#ers every year . Hopefully this year though good luck to all , and lets go wear out Johns scale for this one
I looked it up and the largest ever is 15.2 lbs for Florida (caught in Homasassa in '81) according to the record book but Alabama is only 12.15 lbs caught in Spanish Fort back in 2001.

Florida Saltwater Records
Alabama Saltwater Records

I really hope we do so good we break the records.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I looked it up and the largest ever is 15.2 lbs for Florida (caught in Homasassa in '81) according to the record book but Alabama is only 12.15 lbs caught in Spanish Fort back in 2001.

Florida Saltwater Records
Alabama Saltwater Records

I really hope we do so good we break the records.
Sorry wasnt speaking of IGFA records , i know of a couple over 15# here in florida and some true studs caught commerically . here is one caught over in Jax that should have smashed it. but i'm with you i hope we all break some records.
http://forshorefishing.blogs.theledger.com/11252/florida-angler-eats-new-state-record-fish/

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry wasnt speaking of IGFA records , i know of a couple over 15# here in florida and some true studs caught commerically . here is one caught over in Jax that should have smashed it. but i'm with you i hope we all break some records.
http://forshorefishing.blogs.theledger.com/11252/florida-angler-eats-new-state-record-fish/
Ah gotcha Recess, dear lord that's a big fish! I wonder if he was fishing for Reds with that setup. Would love to get something somewhat close to that, or even someone else in the tourney.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts