Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone enlighten me on reading tide calendars with regards to best time to find fish inshore. Looking to come down in Oct. some time with some friends with the sole purpose of inshore red/speck fishing. I generally fishin the Perdido Bay, Bon Secour, and Mobile Bay areas from a 19' Kenner CC, but have never paid attention to tides.

Some of my questions are:

Incomming or outgoing tide?

Best moon phases?

Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I am also looking to upgrade my equipment and would like some advice on anyones favorite inshore rods, reels, line type and diameter.

·
Registered
931 Posts
if you can id get an shimano spheros 3000fa reel with an abu garcia cardinal tournament grade rod and spool it with 10lb power pro.tie about 2ft of 10lb flourocarbon leader and get a 1/16 or 1/8 oz bullet weight and put it on the leader then tie a 5/0 wide gap worm hook on and i like to use the gulp jerk shad and throw it in the grass beds. but if you throwing top waters id spool andother reel with 10lb mono i just thik you get better hook ups on topwater mono than braid b/c the mono gives it a little stretch for the fish to grab the already hard to get lure....just how i do it though and theres more than one way to skin a cat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts