Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would ride up and look at the public dove fields today. Took the dog with me to let her run some. It was hot saw a handful of doves in the fields but when I got back in the truck after only about 30 min. I had 4 ticks on me. They are thick this year.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Thought I would ride up and look at the public dove fields today. Took the dog with me to let her run some. It was hot saw a handful of doves in the fields but when I got back in the truck after only about 30 min. I had 4 ticks on me. They are thick this year.
Make sure thats all you have,someone else look where you can't ..lyme disease is NOT good....My friend got it and I think I have got it too...If you get one off in the first 24 hours of being hooked on ,then you have a good chance of not being infected ....at least thats what I have read on the internet.....check your entire self for them....I went to alabama and had some pencil lead size ones that I found in my bed ....I hate ticks...

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Make sure thats all you have,someone else look where you can't ..lyme disease is NOT good....My friend got it and I think I have got it too...If you get one off in the first 24 hours of being hooked on ,then you have a good chance of not being infected ....at least thats what I have read on the internet.....check your entire self for them....I went to alabama and had some pencil lead size ones that I found in my bed ....I hate ticks...
Have you been to the doctor to be tested to see if you have it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
My Father in Law lives in NY. He just got diagnosed and cant remember being bitten by a tick. I just had the house and our driveway gate sprayed. I found several on me after getting out to open and close the gate. The wife bought some baby guinea hens. They are supposed to eat ticks

·
Super Moderator
28,499 Posts
The wife bought some baby guinea hens. They are supposed to eat ticks

If you have owls around...the guineas won't last.:shifty:

Reactions: sureicanfish

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It's definitely a good year for ticks, especially seed ticks. As far as the risk of Lyme disease, it must not be too high. Like a lot of folks that work and play in the outdoors, I've had many hundreds of tick bites through the years and never worried about it.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I just worked with a guy from Missouri that said one day outta the blue he was all the sudden allergic to different foods, kinda like someone with severe food allergies, he had to go to the hospital because he was swelling up and breaking out, difficulty breathing, didn’t know what was happening. Got tested and they said whatever he had, I can’t remember what he called it, was from being bit by a tick, doc said that he could have been bit as far back as 5 years ago. His life changed drastically, he was like most of us, eating whatever drinking whatever and that all has stopped, he has to carry the epi pin with him. I’ll have to ask him what the doc called that he contracted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just worked with a guy from Missouri that said one day outta the blue he was all the sudden allergic to different foods, kinda like someone with severe food allergies, he had to go to the hospital because he was swelling up and breaking out, difficulty breathing, didn’t know what was happening. Got tested and they said whatever he had, I can’t remember what he called it, was from being bit by a tick, doc said that he could have been bit as far back as 5 years ago. His life changed drastically, he was like most of us, eating whatever drinking whatever and that all has stopped, he has to carry the epi pin with him. I’ll have to ask him what the doc called that he contracted

Most likely Alpha-gal syndrome caused by the Lone Star tick. Cancel red meats off your diet if you get it, plus possibly other foods.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
My Father in Law lives in NY. He just got diagnosed and cant remember being bitten by a tick. I just had the house and our driveway gate sprayed. I found several on me after getting out to open and close the gate. The wife bought some baby guinea hens. They are supposed to eat ticks

Need to check yourself pretty regular where y’all are at out there Joe. The ticks are absolutely unreal out there. If you kill a deer off your property you’ll wonder how it survived with all the ticks it will have on it. I don’t step foot in the woods at my parents place out that way without long sleeve clothes that are tucked in and sprayed down with sawyers.

·
Super Moderator
28,499 Posts
Worst I ever seen em was in KY.... Nothing like going to sleep and feel that creepy crawly on ya to discover a tick gnawing on ya. I got scars all over my legs from them jokers!

·
Registered
76 Posts
That TICKS ME OFF.

You should make your own Tick & Bug Repellent.

Buy a quart or gallon of 100% Pure Lemon Oil.. D-Limonene.

Mix 2 tsp or tablespoons in a Quart of water..
Spray on weeds, gardens, the dog, dog bed, yourself, etc..

I used it this summer and immediately got rid of Yellow Flies.. Uses it for No See Em's too.

No Poison.. it dehydrates their skin.. I think. sure runs the buggers off.

If you have allergies or weak immunity system from ticks or anything..
Try taking 3.0-4.5mg per nigh of LDN - Low Dose Naltrexone.
A Rx drug from the '60s that the patient expired in 1985.. used on AIDS patients and cancer patients...

Tricks the body to increase your immunity 300%.. for $1/day !
Can be given to Dogs 3.0mg/100 lb... and Kids at lower dosage.

Cheapest provide is..

Skip's Pharmacy - LDN Pharmacy

160 SW 12th Ave suite 102
Deerfield Beach, Fl 33442
Local:*561-218-0111
Toll Free:*800-553-7429
Fax: 561-218-8873

skipspharmacy.com
[email protected]

I had severe hives for 8 years from unknown causes.. 1 pill stopped it..
It did not cure it.. I had to keep taking it..
But now often do not take it for a week at a time.

Search youtube to see MDs talk about it.

I hate the medical system racket.

Let go fishing or have lunch and I can teach you more about health than you have ever heard.. and I don't sell anything.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Linkovich, so far it hasnt been too bad since I had the house and the front gate sprayed. We all put permethrin on our shoes. I ran around all day yesterday in flip flops with no issues

1 - 14 of 14 Posts